Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Perhaps, yes.

Then again, up reflection, maybe not.

Wait.

Giving it more thought:
Sure.
But only if you want to. Don't let anyone force you into doing something you're not comfortable with.

hellothere231

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
If i was you, i probably would. The iPod touch 3g can't update to iOS 6. They dropped support for it. Also it's pretty slow compared to the ipod touch 5g.

bigloudbang

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2012
It's up to you, but I'm keeping my Touch 4. It still works and when i get my Touch 5 my 4 will be used as a alarm clock music player for the bedroom sitting on the iPod dock.

coolguy879

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 17, 2012
Well Siri and iOS 6 have won me over so **** the iPod touch 3G. iPod touch 5G, HERE I COME!

k1lljoy

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2012
North Carolina
iPod touch 3G is outdated and incapable. I'd go for the new iPod over that any day, as long as money isn't a concern. It's definately a better system

kaydot

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2011
What about the 5G has you sold? I'm staying with my 3G. It does everything I want except it's battery is getting old.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
What about the 5G has you sold? I'm staying with my 3G. It does everything I want except it's battery is getting old.

Despite the new models the iPod Touch 3rd gen is still the most common one I see around - In fact, many of my friends prefer them because of their robustness :) If I just wanted a music player I'd go with an iPT3g.

Moocher

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2008
NE Atlanta area
Yes

I've had all gens of the Touch. IF you can afford it, yes, buy the new one. Even the 4th gen feels too slow with the newer apps. I'd buy it just for the speed and all the other benefits (screen, Siri, a new battery, etc.) are just icing on the cake.

Moocher

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
body style.
higher quality camera. (I have a 4G 64GB)
nicer screen.
faster processor.

The killer for me is the new style sync port. I have way too many peripherals that will need to change. So in spite of all that, I'm sticking with what I've got.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.