Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles, California
Can somebody please confirm for me that there is no longer a way to share reminder lists in icloud.com? There is no longer a little share icon next to each list. Hopefully I'm missing something here, and there is a different way of getting to that functionality.
All Apple's online help is still geared towards the previous version of icloud.com.

jblack47

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2012
Agreed - no longer able to share

Can somebody please confirm for me that there is no longer a way to share reminder lists in icloud.com? There is no longer a little share icon next to each list. Hopefully I'm missing something here, and there is a different way of getting to that functionality.
All Apple's online help is still geared towards the previous version of icloud.com.

I noticed the same problem. They've moved the reminder lists off the Calendar app and onto the new Reminders app, but they no longer have a Share button. I hope someone at Apple notices this!

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles, California
Thanks

I noticed the same problem. They've moved the reminder lists off the Calendar app and onto the new Reminders app, but they no longer have a Share button. I hope someone at Apple notices this!

Thanks for confirming I haven't gone mad. It's frustrating, as my family shares reminder lists so we can bug one another electronically. I hope it is addressed asap or no later than alongide the release on iOS 6.

----------
Update:
On the Apple support forum the word is that this functionality will be included in iOS 6, so you will be able to share reminders from your device (and your Mac), but still not be able to change those settings in icloud.com.

blastair

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2009
I'm so glad the ability to share reminder lists hasn't gone away. I just spent the last half hour in a near panic switching between my iPhone, Mac, and iCloud.com, trying to figure out what was going on. Shared lists are a big deal for my wife and I.

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles, California
Amateur hour at Apple...

I'm so glad the ability to share reminder lists hasn't gone away. I just spent the last half hour in a near panic switching between my iPhone, Mac, and iCloud.com, trying to figure out what was going on. Shared lists are a big deal for my wife and I.

I saw an update on the Apple support forum - apparently iOS 6 does NOT have this feature after all. :mad::mad::mad:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4293082?tstart=0

I guess I'll reserve final judgement until iOS 6 is in general circulation and iTunes 11 comes out in October - if it's not fixed by then.... grrrr.

I have sent feedback to Apple. You should do the same.

T-Will

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2008
Frustrating to say the least. Why does Apple remove functionality??? :confused:

flatfoot99

Aug 4, 2010
Frustrating to say the least. Why does Apple remove functionality??? :confused:

it works if you already were sharing a list, but it appears you can not add any more. hoping it will be added back. maybe just an oversight or waiting til servers aren't so congested?

bripab007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2009
Not sure if it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but OS X 10.8.2 added the ability to share reminders lists from the Reminders app, but the ability has been lost from the icloud.com web interface.

rkevwill

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2004
Is it just my imagination, or does it seem Apple is making some interface changes, just for change sakes? These little changes in the IOS6 interface, are maddening. And am I the only one who is having issues reading the headings in the list page, of reminders on the iPhone? Gray on Gray? Gimme a break!

newagemac

macrumors 68020
Mar 31, 2010
Darn I was just browsing the forums in hopes to find if you could share reminder lists. I also hope they bring this feature back.

The feature is there you just have to do it from your Mac rather than the website. More convenient now unless you don't have a Mac.

newagemac

macrumors 68020
Mar 31, 2010
What would you call it if you don't have a Mac, or have a Mac with an older OS on it? 'Slightly inconvenient'?

Like I said, if you have a Mac it is now more convenient to share reminders. I didn't like having to go to a website and login just to share a calendar or reminder I created. This is more convenient. My guess is they plan on implementing this in iOS as well which would cover people that don't own a Mac with Mountain Lion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.