PDA

View Full Version : I can't download Mountain Lion! HELP!

SinkOrSwim
Sep 16, 2012, 08:53 AM
I can't download Mountain Lion. It is giving me an error saying, "The product distribution file could not be verified. It may be damaged or not signed". What seems to be causing the problem that won't let me download Mountain Lion?

MisterMe
Sep 16, 2012, 09:14 AM
Sometimes stuff happens. In this case, redownload the update and get on with life.

SinkOrSwim
Sep 16, 2012, 04:19 PM
Redownload? You can't even download to begin with. So redownloadind is not even possible.

MisterMe
Sep 16, 2012, 05:18 PM
So then, you are omitting a lot of relevant information:

Which version of MacOS X/OS X shipped preinstalled on your computer?
Which model Mac do you have?
What other information do you have that might reasonably help us to diagnose your problem?

SinkOrSwim
Sep 21, 2012, 06:34 AM
So then, you are omitting a lot of relevant information:

Which version of MacOS X/OS X shipped preinstalled on your computer?
Which model Mac do you have?
What other information do you have that might reasonably help us to diagnose your problem?

I'm on 10.7.5. I got it with Snow Leopard but updated to Lion. I repaired it via disk utility and it gave me the path of what's preventing it. Now the question is, if I delete it, it might mess up my computer more coz the file that was deleted might be needed. I want to try and go around without deleting. If all the possible solutions had been done but still no luck, then I guess I have to delete.

MisterMe
Sep 21, 2012, 08:44 AM
... Now the question is, if I delete it, it might mess up my computer more coz the file that was deleted might be needed. ...What is the "it" that you are afraid to delete? If "it" is the faulty OS update that you downloaded from the Mac App Store, then there is no hard in deleting it.

SinkOrSwim
Sep 22, 2012, 04:10 AM
What is the "it" that you are afraid to delete? If "it" is the faulty OS update that you downloaded from the Mac App Store, then there is no hard in deleting it.

It's something in the core services folder. I would have to run disk repair again and see if it still tells me the same thing.