PDA

View Full Version : iCal- u like?

iMac
Nov 16, 2002, 01:42 PM
I just wanted to get everybody's opinions on iCal. I personally think it isn't basic enough, and too in-depth about the wrong things. And yoU?

zimv20
Nov 16, 2002, 02:06 PM
pros:

1. i like that i can EASILY publish my show dates (i'm an actor) to the web

2. it looks nice

3. the categories work well

4. iApp integration is handy

5. subscribing to other calendars is easy and kicks butt

cons:

1. it's slow as all get-out

2. there aren't enough colors for the categories

3. is it SO HARD to get it to always display the correct date in the dock?

iMac
Nov 16, 2002, 02:11 PM
i no, it's cool how u can publish, but i want to publish so my friends w/o .mac can see it! yes, you got the dockdate thing right, i mean really, if they can do it while the app is open, y not while it's not lol?

alset
Nov 16, 2002, 03:20 PM
Another thread recently tackled the issue of the date in the dock. What I derived from everyone's input boiled down to this:

iCal would have to be open, in some form, at all times

or

The Finder would have to be modified to alter the bitmap of an icon depending on the date

I know that there was a great deal more information that this posted in the former thread. Maybe someone will have more details?

Dan

whfsdude
Nov 16, 2002, 03:30 PM
I think the person who did the GUI is on crack.

But, I like the iCal idea :)

brogers
Nov 16, 2002, 04:16 PM
I really want to like iCal, but it is too slow, hard to read...colors are dim or dull or something and it does not have all the bells and whistles that Palm Desktop has. I think it is a great idea, but I was hoping that it would be a little more finished before it was realeased. It needs work and then I will try it again. BTW, does anybody sync a Palm with it and if so does it work OK. I am interested in how it syncs complicated Palm items like To-Do's with attatched notes, memos with alarms and the like.

Thanks