PDA

View Full Version : 13" Macbook Air keeps playing sounds

fluffymuha
Sep 16, 2012, 01:49 PM
So whenever I plug in/take out my earphones out of my macbook air it keeps playing random sounds ( for example, the mail being sent sound, the error ding sound, etc.) multiple times over and over again for the duration of around 30 seconds until it stops.

There is nothing going on on my computer that I know of that would explain these sounds happening, and it doesn't do anything if i try pressing the spacebar (etc.) either...

I'm guessing it's a problem with the audio jack, I'm just wondering if anyone else had this problem before, and if I should take it into the Apple store at all...

Please help :(

Mabyboi
Sep 16, 2012, 01:51 PM
So whenever I plug in/take out my earphones out of my macbook air it keeps playing random sounds ( for example, the mail being sent sound, the error ding sound, etc.) multiple times over and over again for the duration of around 30 seconds until it stops.

There is nothing going on on my computer that I know of that would explain these sounds happening, and it doesn't do anything if i try pressing the spacebar (etc.) either...

I'm guessing it's a problem with the audio jack, I'm just wondering if anyone else had this problem before, and if I should take it into the Apple store at all...

Please help :(

I've had this happen on my Retina when plugging in my cinema display, when plugging in headphones or starting a FaceTime call. It also happens on my girlfriends MacBook Air. Both are running 10.8.1, I'm thinking its just a software glitch right now.

MultiFinder17
Sep 16, 2012, 02:50 PM
I've noticed the same thing on my Air when I plug in my headphones. Seems like an odd little software bug - it's not that annoying, just odd.

longdrag
Sep 16, 2012, 04:16 PM
I get this too!!!

Odd - :confused::confused:

brunozs
Sep 19, 2012, 01:36 AM
Me too :(