Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What should I have engraved?

• Live everyday as your last

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Pain goes, quitting is forever

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Think with your whole body

• Great hopes make great men

• Success relies on letter No.2

• Other, feel free to suggest something else

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

amarcus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
London, UK
Hi all,

I'll keep this short: I finally decided that the time has come to train for my first marathon. My next thought was, I need a new shuffle that will be with me through to the end. I'm thinking of getting something motivational engraved, what do you guys think?

Adam

MrWillie

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2010
Starlite Starbrite Trailer Court
Last edited:

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
I would get (read I have) a 16 GB sixth generation Nano and a silicon watch band and and forgo the engraving. While you're at it, spend $20 on a One Good Earpiece ear bud, so you can hear all of the music and still be aware of your surroundings. The watch band is easy to clean with a disinfecting wipe.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004F0BK5U/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004FEEZHQ/ref=oh_details_o06_s01_i00

Definetly get a Nano. I loved mine, until I sent it through the wash 2 days ago. Ugh.

Davy.Shalom

macrumors 6502
Dec 23, 2008
I love the shuffle for working out. Since it's so cheap, I see it as expendable. If I drop a dumbbell on it while working out I wouldn't freak out. Now if I dropped a dumbbell on a nano or touch I'd be pretty upset. Also, since it's so simple it's more durable. It will be more likely to last if it happens to fall off while you're training for your marathon. The battery life is great, and 2 GB is not much but enough to get you through a marathon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.