Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

distemp

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 18, 2011
Has anyone else noticed a degradation in the performance of Bluetooth music streaming in iOS 6? I never had a problem until I updated and now the music breaks up and gets choppy regularly. Help!

solidsnake32292

macrumors regular
May 29, 2010
had Bluetooth streaming in my 3-Series BMW 2011 on today after I installed the GM 6.0 and it was extremely choppy to the point where I ended up plugging it in with USB.... REALLY hope this get's fixed ASAP!! or at least with my new 5 this friday!

distemp

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 18, 2011
had Bluetooth streaming in my 3-Series BMW 2011 on today after I installed the GM 6.0 and it was extremely choppy to the point where I ended up plugging it in with USB.... REALLY hope this get's fixed ASAP!! or at least with my new 5 this friday!

Hmmmm...we can't be the only two with this issue. Anyone else having problems?

cdrider

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2012
Has anyone else noticed a degradation in the performance of Bluetooth music streaming in iOS 6? I never had a problem until I updated and now the music breaks up and gets choppy regularly. Help!

To be honest I've seen this since iOS 5. My Jabra Halo headphones are useless over bluetooth now as the audio stutters so much. Sounds like a buffering YouTube video. Was hoping it was fixed in iOS 6 :(

Last edited:

chipfiev

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2008
My Bluetooth isn't choppy but I can no longer control my iPhone audio using the stereo controls. I have to play/pause using the phone. It's like an aux cable.

distemp

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 18, 2011
Hopefully Apple knows and is planning to fix it quickly. Having lived with the random disappearing Home Sharing on my Apple TV for so long, I have no faith in Apple to fix anything in any kind of timely manner and I really don't even feel like wasting my time and reporting the problem.

mkd79

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2012
I have Beats Wireless 2.0 headphones connected to my iPhone 4S and since iOS 6 GM my sound has been choppy and even stops playing all together causing me to turn my headphones off and on again to sync. :0(
Please fix Apple, hope my iPhone 5 does not have this!

daveishere

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2008
UK
hmm - i use bluetooth audio streaming in my car.

Might wait till iphone 5 on friday to try out iOS 6 then.

iphnhelp

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2010
I have a Audiovox Mediabridge in my car that I usually connect with the dock cable, but I just tried out Bluetooth streaming for the first time and the sound quality is bad. Very thin and there is a slight echo/ phasing that isn't there when connected with the cable. Now I'm wondering if this is iOS 6 or just the Mediabridge device. Can't find any info online, anyone experience this?

GFLovesMy9Inchr

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2012
My Bluetooth isn't choppy but I can no longer control my iPhone audio using the stereo controls. I have to play/pause using the phone. It's like an aux cable.

Same here.

HOWEVER - my iphone 5 streams perfectly.. As of right now my iphone 4s and my iphone 4 not only has no control via bluetooth, but is not outputting any music info.

Obviously this is a software bug with the iphone 4's.

Those who use blue tooth in their vehicles with steering wheel controls, I would heavily recommend not updating.

Poisedgord

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
AVCRP Broken ios6 Iphone 4

I too am having issues with this. No track information no play/pause or forward/backwards but i can shuffle and repeat. What a croc.

Pioneer AVH2400 bt.

grodyzo

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2011
I have Beats Wireless 2.0 headphones connected to my iPhone 4S and since iOS 6 GM my sound has been choppy and even stops playing all together causing me to turn my headphones off and on again to sync. :0(
Please fix Apple, hope my iPhone 5 does not have this!

Yeah I have Plantronics BT headphones and every few minutes the sound will just stop for about one second, then continue on. That's pretty regular. Once in awhile, there's a little choppiness too, barely detectable though. 6.0.1 cometh! ;-)

80s Fan

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2008
I listened to my iPhone 4 for about an hour today after downloading iOS 6 earlier in the day and didn't have any choppiness on my Bluetooth headphones. Hope it stays that way. Also, I was able to advance to the next track using the headphone advance button. I have the Rocketfish Bluetooth headphones.

a.jfred

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2010
Austin, TX
I have a 2012 VW Jetta SE sedan & an iPhone 4, and formerly was able to stream music with no problems, good sound, and had control via my steering wheel to go forward or backwards with the songs.

Not so much with the iOS 6 update. Music quality is lower, and while I can get it to play & still control volume, I can NOT control forward/back with the steering wheel controls - I have to use the phone itself. I am NOT happy with this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.