Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
5" screen? No thanks. Phones reach a size where they're just too large. At that point why not carry around a Galaxy Note 7.1?

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
Thoughts.....this thread bored me.

Concerns......I need to turn on the pill reminder app on my 4S for the morning.

VulchR

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland
It will be interesting if those who slammed the iPhone 5 for not being revolutionary enough for them will apply the same high standards to judging the changes in the Galaxy IV....

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
5" sounds massive but it's not much bigger than the S3's 4.8".

Any rumours posted now are likely to be inaccurate.

Have you held the S3? Have you tried to pocket it? I've done both and in my pocket due to the weight of it and the plastic build, I would be concerned about sitting down. To me, the 4S is perfect but i'm willing to check out the 5. I can't see myself ever wanting anything larger than the 5 though.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
Have you held the S3? Have you tried to pocket it? I've done both and in my pocket due to the weight of it and the plastic build, I would be concerned about sitting down. To me, the 4S is perfect but i'm willing to check out the 5. I can't see myself ever wanting anything larger than the 5 though.

I own an S3 and alternate between a white hard plastic case and see through silicon case.

Fits in my pockets fine, but I don't wear skinny jeans or anything.

WRXHokie

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2005
Gotha, FL

You'd be concerned sitting down? You must wear some really tight pants. Most girls I know use their purse to hold their phones any way.

kicko

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2008

I always felt that way if i accidently sat on my iphone.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
If that's true, Samsung is getting a bit out of control with the size. Like someone else said, the Galaxy S line should remain 4.9" and under, while the Note can fill that 5"+ market.

Calm down, Samsung.

And where are the Nexus 2012 rumors/leaks? :T

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
If that's true, Samsung is getting a bit out of control with the size. Like someone else said, the Galaxy S line should remain 4.9" and under, while the Note can fill that 5"+ market.

Calm down, Samsung.

And where are the Nexus 2012 rumors/leaks? :T

Exactly how I feel. I have the S3 but I don't think I'm willing to go any bigger. This was a bit of an adjustment but as it is.

I think I'll be getting the next Nexus too. Can't wait for it's release!

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
This wouldn't surprise me. Samsung really can't do anything right. If anything, they need to move backwards in screen size. Who honestly thinks they want/need a 5" phone screen?

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Apr 8, 2010
I guess make the screen bigger and throw in a stylus they're set with S4. Innovate much?? Oh and fix a couple of motion gestures to actually work in real life.

mcman77

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2011
The overall size of the phone is what matters when considering a phone 'Too Big'.

Samsung goes for thin bezels which sort of makes things ok lol.

The GS3 is not that much bigger than the GS2 in size but the screen is much more bigger.

Efficiency of space is what counts.

McCool71

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2012
This wouldn't surprise me. Samsung really can't do anything right. If anything, they need to move backwards in screen size.

Why would they do that? They have several Android-based phones that have smaller screens than the Galaxy S3 - some even smaller than the iPhone 5, so you're not stuck with a 4.8" or larger if you want a Samsung phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.