Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blamydistasio

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
So I'm doing some commercial work and have a whole load of fonts that I've either bought or have permission to use commercially mixed in with a whole bunch of fonts that I have just downloaded for personal use.

I'm using Adobe CS5, and across all programs am looking for a way to organise these fonts into "Commercial" and "Personal" files so that I don't have to keep checking my references to find out where I've got them from. Like anyone in design I have thousands of fonts installed so it certainly gets a bit tedious!

Any ideas?

A.

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
I use FontExplorer X Pro for all my fonts. It also comes with plugins for Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop, Incopy and Quark XPress. I have been using it for some time now and I find it works great for organization. You can try it for free I believe for 30 days. Only cost $79. Another well used one is Suitcase Fusion which is quite favored here at MacRumors. Check them out as I am sure they will fit your needs.

blamydistasio

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Resolved!

Thanks for your advice. I've actually gone a different route though:

Using the FontBook application already on my Mac, I've created a new "Collection" called PERSONAL, dragged everything that is not for commercial use into this collection and then disabled this collection temporarily while working on my projects.

Doneskies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.