Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CJA13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
I dropped my iPod and was planning to replace the broken screen. The I had my iPod in my lunch box and a container of salsa opened and soaked everything. It still works but it glitches an the speakers don't work. What should I do?

TurboJobo

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2009
San Diego/Tijuana
lol chips ;p
it's really hard to say because you can't rinse it lol maybe use some babywipes and q-tips and turn it off and clean it very well on the holes and speakers, and let it dry 2-3 days, when your device gets wet its always recomendes that you turn it off and let it dry in a bag with rice or something that absorbs liquid:apple:

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
Back up To iCloud and get a new iPod, because the new ones are amazing. When you get it , restore from the cloud, sync it, and everything will be exactly how you left it (even tabs open in safari, I know from many experiences)

stiligFox

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2009
Since you are going to open it anyway, I would go ahead and open it, and use a dry/very lightly damp cotton cloth to remove the moisture from the internal components. I would then leave it open for a while in a dry place, preferably away from a dusty area, and then a few days later, test to see if it works, and if it does, replace the screen.

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
The vinegar in the salsa, in addition to the already acidic nature of tomatoes, is gonna compound your problem. The acid will corrode any circuitry that it comes in contact with that isn't insulated, and even then could damage it. Do what you can, but I feel like I need to tell you your iPod may not be long for this life. I suggest you make arrangements for that situation, should it arrive. My condolences go out to you.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.