PDA

View Full Version : games run choppy in non air conditioned room

aleni
Sep 17, 2012, 10:27 PM
i have an ultimate 2012 11" air. games run fine on this thing in my room which is air conditioned, but when i run games in my office (non air conditioned room because everyone is smoking cigarettes here), the games run choppy after a while. i'm sure it's must be the temperature that throttling down the cpu hence the drop in fps.

is there any way to make the temperature not so hot without air conditioning?

have any of you ever use a laptop cooler on the macbook air? does it help to decrease the temperature when playing games?

please any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

jbzcar
Sep 17, 2012, 10:51 PM
i have an ultimate 2012 11" air. games run fine on this thing in my room which is air conditioned, but when i run games in my office (non air conditioned room because everyone is smoking cigarettes here), the games run choppy after a while. i'm sure it's must be the temperature that throttling down the cpu hence the drop in fps.

is there any way to make the temperature not so hot without air conditioning?

have any of you ever use a laptop cooler on the macbook air? does it help to decrease the temperature when playing games?

please any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Easy solution. Make the smokers go outside.

Mekker
Sep 17, 2012, 10:56 PM
You should look into cooling pads. You can get some really good ones with multiple fans.

iaymnu
Sep 17, 2012, 11:02 PM
Easy solution. Make the smokers go outside.

I agree with this. There was a thread about smoking vs warranty work. (something like that)

MacLappy
Sep 17, 2012, 11:03 PM
On top of the cooling pad you could also get a small table fan blowing at the MacBook Air, hopefully in a position where it does not blow smoke in though! 😃

Mrbobb
Sep 17, 2012, 11:49 PM
Put a chair next to the fridge and sit there with the door open? :D

aleni
Sep 18, 2012, 03:01 AM
lol. it ain't easy to move the smokers out, because this has been the trademark of my office LOL.

do u have any links about compatible cooling pads that is perfect fit with the 11" air? because i haven't seen any that is being made to match with the 11" air.