Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DVNIEL

Cancelled
Original poster
Oct 28, 2003
This is just a quick review for an awesome little accessory with one purpose, called the i360 turntable by Rain Design INC . I purchased this i360 turntable to raise the monitor a little to match the screen on my 17" Powerbook sitting on an iCurve.

It may look cheap, but this turntable is rock-solid by it being made of steel. Installment is easy. You simply unscrew the back portion with a certain hex screw driver, slide base of your iMac or Display into the base, and screw the back part into position. As if the heavy steel base wasn't enough, the rubber feet provide a nice grip to allow smooth turning without moving the entire unit.

When I use it in clamshell mode, this turntable allows instant movement of the monitor, and has a nice rubber gripping on the bottom to keep it steady. It takes little to almost no effort to swivel the unit. You can add your own little design to the water-droplet shape at the base of it, but I'd rather leave it simple and put one of my Oakley stickers on it.

Pictures are grainy because I used my Razr to take them (digicam lost). There are two main positions I find this turntable to be helpful for:

Position 1: Work mode - using USB apple keyboard and wireless logitech mouse, facing front of desk.

Position 2: Lazy/Movie mode - simply spin the monitor to face my bed using a BT wireless keyboard and my wireless logitech mouse, facing my bed.

Laziness at its best!

If you have an iMac or a 20"/23" Apple Cinema Display, grab one of these quick... you'll love it!

Attachments

• position1.jpg
    position1.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 161
  • position2.jpg
    position2.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 110

DVNIEL

Cancelled
Original poster
Oct 28, 2003
Well i had a USB one to begin with, and then I got sick of the wiring so I bought a BT keyboard.

But I bought a Griffiin Powermate online, and figured I'd use the USB hub on the 1st keyboard to link it. And I realized I get a lot of messaging at night so why not use the BT one near my bed to answer quick messages. Plus I also put it at the headboard to control my AirTunes and speakers on the other side of my room. I only use one mouse though.

Oh and its not an iMac. It's a 20" Apple Cinema Display with my Powerbook in clamshell mode.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.