PDA

View Full Version : Nokia to reveal iTunes phone!

atik
Aug 18, 2005, 01:24 AM
According to a Finnish economy newspaper Taloussanomat Nokia is planning to reveal an iTunes enabled cellphone on the last quarter of 2005. iTunes will be included in Nokia's N91 model. Phone is supposed to have a 3000 song capcity.

Here's a link, but it's in Finnish of course:
http://www.taloussanomat.fi/etusivu/4462878.asp

Phat_Pat
Aug 18, 2005, 01:27 AM
wow 3000 songs would kick ass

jimN
Aug 18, 2005, 03:55 AM
have used Nokia phones for ages as they are by far and away the most intuitive of the mobiles out there but all the motorola news had left me torn (plus Sony seem to make better camera phones). However, this convinces me to stick with nokia, and to hold on to my current phone until they can get this one out on Orange and make it a reasonable price - wouldn't surprise me if it is widely available (and cheap) in time for the christmas buying rush - i think that i can wait until then.

Applespider
Aug 18, 2005, 03:56 AM
Or not since Reuters have published a statement by Nokia saying 'no'

Link (http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=internetNews&storyID=2005-08-18T070635Z_01_YUE821456_RTRIDST_0_OUKIN-UK-NOKIA-APPLE.XML)

They do however say that there would be nothing to stop Apple, or another developer, creating an N91 version of iTunes, or something similar, and installing it on the phone.

hob
Aug 18, 2005, 11:27 AM
I want a SonyEricsson iPodPhonethingy!!

Applespider
Aug 18, 2005, 11:29 AM

The current SE phones, or at least the k750 and w800, both play AAC files without any trouble. Bluetooth over the file and they'll appear in the appropriate music area; but they don't play the purchased songs which is a nuisance!

the_freddinator
Aug 18, 2005, 01:34 PM
http://news.designtechnica.com/article8139.html

Eh...they changed their mind. Nokia will make it capable, but apple will have to build the program seperately. the phone isn't specifically going to be itunes...but Motorala is getting in on the action, as well!

Platform
Aug 18, 2005, 01:59 PM

Agree........I like SE better than Nokia.......just the menues and things on Nokias........don't seem right.

the_freddinator
Aug 18, 2005, 02:05 PM
I don't even necessarily want a iCell phone or whatever you wanna call it. It doesn't matter to me which brand it is. I'll keep my MUSIC and my cell phone seperate.

Flowbee
Aug 18, 2005, 03:07 PM
I don't even necessarily want a iCell phone or whatever you wanna call it. It doesn't matter to me which brand it is. I'll keep my MUSIC and my cell phone seperate.

I wouldn't mind the merging of the two devices, but my concern is battery life. I don't want my music player to suck away valuable talk-time, or vice versa. And I don't want my phonePod to be a heavy brick in my pocket.

If someone comes up with a reasonable solution to this, I think it could be a useful device.