PDA

View Full Version : Torrents wont start downloading.

ryan.1
Sep 18, 2012, 08:31 PM
Hi, now I'm not sure if MacRumors regulations has any problem with this thread, but I recently, after a hard drive crash, upgraded to mountain lion (from lion) on a fresh hard drive.

After this upgrade, neither uTorrent nor Transmission (two bittorrent apps) start to download any of the files that I want.

Those a bit advanced in torrent would say, i dont know , no seeders or what not. I've tested it on multiple different internet connection; Ethernet and wifi; with VPN and without a VPN (i live in China thats why), and also with very popular torrents (recently a 10,002 seeders was tried) and average ones (50-200 seeds).

Now before this upgrade my lion (on a MBP late '09) was doing fine with torrent download, uTorrent never seemed to reach my max connection (1.2MB/s) but transmission did most of the time. Now, neither works and I'm really sad.

I hope that this thread doesnt provoke any issues regarding pirating or what not, I've taken this to the apps developers as well but wondering if anyone with the same issue has come up with a solution.

-Ryan