PDA

View Full Version : What app to display iPad over Wifi to Television Set?

pdqgp
Sep 18, 2012, 09:08 PM
Is there an app that will take the content on my iPad that is connected to my Wireless N network at home and stream it through my Samsung BluRay Player that's also on my network and connected to our TV?

Thanks for the help!

Menneisyys2
Sep 21, 2012, 01:14 AM
Is there an app that will take the content on my iPad that is connected to my Wireless N network at home and stream it through my Samsung BluRay Player that's also on my network and connected to our TV?

Thanks for the help!

Not that I know of. The iPad only has AirPlay as its native screen content streaming protocol, which will hardly be able to consumed by any Samsung product.

Jailbroken (Cydia) tools will be of no use either: DisplayOut only works over wired connections.

takeshi74
Sep 21, 2012, 08:58 AM
I have no idea what model of network bluray player you have given your OP but you'd probably need something like a DLNA server. I'm not aware of any for the iPad off the top of my head. My guess is that you'd have better luck picking up an AppleTV and using AirPlay.

Start with what your Samsung bluray player supports and work from there to see what the options are.

Menneisyys2
Sep 21, 2012, 11:47 AM
I have no idea what model of network bluray player you have given your OP but you'd probably need something like a DLNA server. I'm not aware of any for the iPad off the top of my head. My guess is that you'd have better luck picking up an AppleTV and using AirPlay.

Start with what your Samsung bluray player supports and work from there to see what the options are.

There are several UPnP / DLNA servers for iOS (even w/o JB'ing); for example,

PlugPlayer http://itunes.apple.com/app/plugplayer-for-ipad/id363482186?mt=8

BUZZ Player HD. (last icon at the bottom right; first tab in the dialog. Works great!) (Note that this app has just been re-released; the old AppStore link doesn't work. Nevertheless, pre-4 versions also worked great in server mode, that is, no need to purchase the re-released version)

This, of course, has nothing to do with AirPlay - the OP hasn't made clear whether he wants to use AirPlay or other protocols.

stisdal
Sep 22, 2012, 02:01 PM
Spend the $99. (U.S.) on an Apple TV, it airplays, screen mirrors, connects to all your iTunes content, on and on...

I have one at home and it works great!