Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryan214

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2012
I have a weird issue. I noticed on several occasions that when I wake up in the morning, my 4S is initially so much faster in terms of the "app animation" when app's are opening or closing. No noticable lag whatsoever. However, soon after, it goes back to being normal... still pretty fast, but getting some minor lag every now and then. Anyone know why this may happen? It would be nice if it was just always that smooth and zippy.

CallOfDuty

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2012
I have a weird issue. I noticed on several occasions that when I wake up in the morning, my 4S is initially so much faster in terms of the "app animation" when app's are opening or closing. No noticable lag whatsoever. However, soon after, it goes back to being normal... still pretty fast, but getting some minor lag every now and then. Anyone know why this may happen? It would be nice if it was just always that smooth and zippy.

Probably your phone is heating up a little bit. no biggie. There's always minute impact on the processor and everything when there is increased temperature. Its all psychological and in your mind. I do sometimes thought my phone is faster when I use it at night and in the air-conditioned room when I'm asleep. But i know its all psychological and usually occurs in geeks who tinkers and thinks about processors all day long. (Ok that's too far fetched.)

And by the way, you own a freaking 4S, still one of the fastest phones to date. The 4S is still a blazingly fast phone. I have the 4 and it has lag issues with all the app animations and I'm now hoping it will be solved with iOS 6. if not, I'll still have the iphone 5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.