Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DrumApple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 30, 2009
I'm in the market to get a new ultrabook (looking at the Air, a maxed out one with i7 and 8gb ram). I do some occasional video editing using Premiere Pro CS5 and After Effects (rarely), as well as some audio recording, and graphic design using the whole Adobe Creative Suite. I'm wondering how these apps run on the Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics chip? Is everything compatible compared to if I had a discrete graphics card?

BenForder

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2013
Intel HD4000 on CS6

Hi,
I'm using a new mac mini i7 16gb RAM (which has the intel 4000) with CS6. It's amazingly smooth for editing in Premiere Pro, and even rendering is fast. I can cut HD footage from the EX1 natively, multiple tracks and everything.

The bit where it completely falls down though is if you're trying to use ANY effects. Just doing basic colour grading, even something basic like the Brightness/Contrast and Fast Color Corrector, is a nightmare. Just thought I'd let you know in case you were thinking of buying it! We're going to have to get an imac 27" or a macbook pro next time I think. Or go back to PCs (urgh).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.