Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Photogdave

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 20, 2011
Just curious, is there a benefit one way or another in updating OTA or cabled to iTunes.

Also, anyone happy with it? Jeez its depressing with all the complaints. I try to read between the lines with complaints......so let shave it.
Anyone happy

dave8209

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2012
Providence, RI
Over the air would be faster you wouldn't have to wait for all of your apps to re-download. It would be done once the update was done. If you back up to iTunes You should definitely make a back up seeing that it will restore and reset to factory settings went you updated to the new iOS 6. After you have to wait for all of your apps, music, photos etc. to re-download. I recommend over the air. Just make sure to plug it in before you update and are connected to a Wi-Fi network.

Lukkee24

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2011
London
Took me just over an hour and a half updating over the air. Took my friend less than 20 minutes through iTunes. (Both iPhone 4S - maybe my slow Internet didn't help, though).

Photogdave

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 20, 2011
I have a 4s and its my first iPhone.
Of course buy new, i set up as new phone.

Is there an Pro or Con to setting up new or just updating.

Ive read reports of many that just updated(i guess restore) and cause weird issues.
Many say a clean install as new is better.

Its all new to me.
My phone is great as of now, just wanna make sure I do this best as possible

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.