Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2Turbo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2011
The bottom left rounded corner turns into an ugly straight edge when you turn off the sidebar, close the finder window, then reopen a new finder window. See example here:

With Sidebar:
sidebar.png

No Sidebar:
no-sidebar.png

I'm on an 2011 MBP 13" with Mountain Lion 10.8.1 but have had this issue since Snow Leopard and probably before.

Any idea why in the world Apple wouldn't fix this simple UI issue?

CyBeRino

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2011
And also because you're the only one in the world where it occurs? It doesn't here, for instance.

(Either that, or they fixed it in 10.8.2.)

2Turbo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2011
And also because you're the only one in the world where it occurs? It doesn't here, for instance.

(Either that, or they fixed it in 10.8.2.)

Are you sure? Forgot to mention, you must be in icon view (cmd+1) and make sure you don't have the status bar or path bar on. Every mac I've tried has it. My MBP 13 w/ML 10.8.2 & 2007 iMac 10.8.2.

Last edited:

CyBeRino

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2011
Well, admittedly I tried it in list view with status bar and that made absolutely no difference whatsoever.

I just tried it again in icon view without status bar and although it does indeed change slightly in that configuration, it's nowhere near as dramatic as your picture. Basically the inside appears a bit less smooth (though at that point identical to the corner on the other side) but the outside profile is still identical.

2Turbo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2011
Well, admittedly I tried it in list view with status bar and that made absolutely no difference whatsoever.

I just tried it again in icon view without status bar and although it does indeed change slightly in that configuration, it's nowhere near as dramatic as your picture. Basically the inside appears a bit less smooth (though at that point identical to the corner on the other side) but the outside profile is still identical.
Thanks for trying. I think it's more pronounced on my end cause I'm using a custom gray background image and totalfinder.

But how would I go about getting Apple to fix this? I know it's a small issue, but it should be a simple fix and I don't care how small it is, it's damn ugly for someone that looks at details like me.

nyolc8

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2012
If I disable sidebar and path bar, then I get this too. (10.8.2)
But I don't care, I never disable path bar...:p

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
Are you sure? Forgot to mention, you must be in icon view (cmd+1) and make sure you don't have the status bar or path bar on. Every mac I've tried has it. My MBP 13 w/ML 10.8.2 & 2007 iMac 10.8.2.

Luckily I use sidebar, path bar and status bar, because they are useful and I don't use icon view. You should file a bug report to Apple.

2Turbo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2011
Looks like you need a developer account to file bug reports. Man this is lame.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.