Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wiyum

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2005
Adding to iOS6 woes, we can no longer access any podcasts in the music app. They are all in the seemingly-beta podcast app. This means that podcasts can't be added to playlists, either on their own or mixed between podcasts and music. Another definite loss of functionality, sadly...

bigmikeyp

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2006
Manchester, UK
Apple themselves said podcasts would be moved to the dedicated app away from the Music app. Besides, podcasts don't exactly fit in a 'music' app after all.

Their podcasts app isn't great I agree, but it's nowhere near as bad as version 1.0, and will undoubtfully get better in future updates

Wiyum

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2005
It just segments people's audio content unnecessarily. Maybe some people didn't like podcasts mixed into the iPod/Music app, but plenty of people mix and match their audio content and make playlists of exercise or driving that combine the two. It just feels arbitrary and capricous to remove that capability from what was a fine "audio content" app.

Wiyum

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2005
Yeah, content still plays in the music app, you just have to leave it to change.

Also, I've been listening to a podcast playlist all day that was on my phone pre-update. It has continued to advance from one podcast to the next in proper order, despite that playlist showing as empty in the music app. I'm sure if I play other content I'll lose it all, but it remains as a ghost in the machine til I finish this run of podcasts...

BFG86

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
Makes sense if they are going to push the separate app to pull it out of music. They also removed access to itunes u and books from the itunes app

Unfortunetly All Albums and All Songs still sit above the artists and albums list view which is silly because you can just access those from the bottom

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
[looks up from awesome podcast app, DownCast, pulls earbud from one ear]

Whazzat, now?

And, scene.

Regards,
Tom

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.