PDA

View Full Version : iOS 6 and OTA question

PPCUSERG5
Sep 19, 2012, 10:37 PM
I know that that last iTunes update for PPC was 10.6.3 but for some odd reason my is 10.6.1 and it states its at the current version. Anyways I have a iPhone 4S and iPad 3 and was wondering if anyone was able to update to iOS 6 OTA on these devices? and if so are you able to sync to your PPC still?

Badrottie
Sep 20, 2012, 04:21 AM
I didn't bring my MBP with me to public library today so I use OTA instead. It works fine for my iPhone 4s and iPad. :apple:

justperry
Sep 20, 2012, 05:12 AM
I didn't bring my MBP with me to public library today so I use OTA instead. It works fine for my iPhone 4s and iPad. :apple:

He is using a PPC Computer, wasn't what he asked.

-----

I think you won't have a problem, I don't have the devices you have but I installed the GM (Same as the released one) on My 3GS on iTunes 10.6.3 and had no problem to sync it on My Powerbook G4 1.67.
I am pretty sure you won't have a problem either, in another thread somewhere I read that someone else tried it with a 4 or 4s and no problem there either.
You only need iTunes 10.7 I think when you have the new iPhone 5.
Cheers

Which PPC and OS you have, could be if you are on an older OS that that is the maximum iTunes you can install.
If you are on 10.5.8 you can install iTunes 10.6.3, if it does not show up in your updates then manually download it from Apple's download page.
Could also be that in the past you hide that one in Software update.

AdrianK
Sep 20, 2012, 05:40 AM
He is using a PPC Computer, wasn't what he asked.
The quote you highlighted was about the absence of a computer. The OP asked if you could update via OTA on a 4S and Badrottie confirmed that...

justperry
Sep 20, 2012, 06:01 AM
The quote you highlighted was about the absence of a computer. The OP asked if you could update via OTA on a 4S and Badrottie confirmed that...

Erm, sorry, misread that.

NameTheUser
Sep 20, 2012, 08:00 AM
I'm having the same problem. In the morning I updated my iPhone 4 to iOS 6 with my MacBook but my primary data is on my PowerMac G5 and I can't sync with it because the iTunes version is 10.6.1 and I can't get 10.6.3 nowhere. Even Software Update doesn't show it as an update anymore. Does anyone know any links/sites where it is possible to download the 10.6.3 iTunes?

PS. I checked the Apple's homepage as well and they only let me download iTunes 10.7.

NameTheUser
Sep 20, 2012, 08:34 AM
I searched around the Internet a little bit and finally found iTunes 10.6.3

Here is the link: http://www.filescrunch.com/download/1182-apple-itunes-for-mac/

I hope it helps everyone who is stuck on 10.6.1 :)

PPCUSERG5
Sep 20, 2012, 10:58 AM
I searched around the Internet a little bit and finally found iTunes 10.6.3

Here is the link: http://www.filescrunch.com/download/1182-apple-itunes-for-mac/

I hope it helps everyone who is stuck on 10.6.1 :)

Wow thanks a bunch! I'll have to wait until tonight to try this but thanks for the effort. I tried searching for close to an hour for an archived link.

Just got home and did the update and now all my iOS 6 devices can communicate with my PPC. Thanks million!