Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jstevens75

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
I use my iPhone and iPad extensively for work. It used to bring up the most recent/ most used suggestion when typing the :to address. They took this small but critical (to heavy emailer with large address book) feature out....

Please let me know if there is some way to reactivate this.

Thanks!

movieator

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2009
LA, CA
I use my iPhone and iPad extensively for work. It used to bring up the most recent/ most used suggestion when typing the :to address. They took this small but critical (to heavy emailer with large address book) feature out....

Please let me know if there is some way to reactivate this.

Thanks!
It's working for me.

Jstevens75

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
I turned exchange server contacts off, then back on. Worked briefly, then it completely went away again. My guess is recent email address only works with address books under a certain size. It will pull the recent email address that I dont have in my contacts, but it wont prioritize recents when I start typing a name

Jstevens75

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
Has anyone else with large exchange address books seen this? With the huge business user push apple is taking a huge step backwards

Jstevens75

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
Update. It seems to have taken sending a few emails , but it has relearned. Apple must have changed the way they cached recent emails, or deleted the cache on updating to os6 from 5.

Now for the wait for google maps, and we should be all set.

Jstevens75

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
Spoke too soon. New email bug

When I search server for older emails , the notification number on the badge of unread emails increases to what is on the server and does not reset to what number of unread emails are on the iPad instead

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.