Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eroxx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
I am trying to try out passbook and to no avail. I have target (which supposedly is passbook enabled) ... Is there a way I can see something in passbook without actually paying for something??? Thanks

Speedyparker87

Cancelled
Apr 4, 2010
Chicago
I've had trouble figuring out how to add Target as well. There will be some bugs that need to be worked out these first few weeks I suppose.

Walgreens works. And I suppose Fandango, but I don't need to purchase any tickets tonight.

eroxx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
Ok, I got a walgreens "card" to show up. I'm assuming with fandango, you first have to buy a ticket ?

----------

Also,

I happen to have a target gift card ... I put it in the app (the target app), hoping that would be in passbook. But alas.

eroxx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
You can set it up in the app. It's whatever their reward program is called. It's in the bottom right on the first screen.

fins831

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2011
I can't get past the first screen, its passbook screen that says app store at bottom, I click it and says can't connect.

sailfrt

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
Cannot connect to Itunes Store

Ive tried the solution the solution that has been suggested where you go to time settings and change the time and then try connecting again. This hasn't worked for me.

eroxx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
I found a solution for this that worked for me ... It makes NO sense, but it worked

Go to settings/general/date and time

switch from "set automatically" to manual, and set the date a year from now. Go into passbook and launch apps. Then go back and set time to automatically.

Weird, I know.

Incognegro

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
I found a solution for this that worked for me ... It makes NO sense, but it worked

Go to settings/general/date and time

switch from "set automatically" to manual, and set the date a year from now. Go into passbook and launch apps. Then go back and set time to automatically.

Weird, I know.

Bizarre, but that fixed my Passbook issue where it was saying "Cannot Connect to iTunes Store". Now it shows apps to open or download that are compatible with Passbook.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.