Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Autocorrect

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
Hi, my iPad 2 has been dropping wifi every 10 minutes or so, sometimes less ever since the iOS 6 betas. I have the final version now and it's still happening. I have restored and reset settings and everything and I've had no luck. It was fine on iOS 5.1.1 and even when I restored it to that during the betas it worked. I updated to the final iOS 6 and its still happening, anyone have this problem or a solution? Thanks

Dav1

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2011
Hi, my iPad 2 has been dropping wifi every 10 minutes or so, sometimes less ever since the iOS 6 betas. I have the final version now and it's still happening. I have restored and reset settings and everything and I've had no luck. It was fine on iOS 5.1.1 and even when I restored it to that during the betas it worked. I updated to the final iOS 6 and its still happening, anyone have this problem or a solution? Thanks

If you go to your router/access point do you have Wi-Fi MultiMedia (WMM) enable? In iOS 6 WMM must be enabled... :( if you happen to have an older router that doesn't support it you must upgrade your router, or not upgrade to iOS 6.

Autocorrect

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
If you go to your router/access point do you have Wi-Fi MultiMedia (WMM) enable? In iOS 6 WMM must be enabled... :( if you happen to have an older router that doesn't support it you must upgrade your router, or not upgrade to iOS 6.

I'm not sure, ill have a look now. My router is the one my ISP provides you with and it's not the best. Thanks for that:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.