PDA

View Full Version : iTunes problems - syncing, match, crashing

johnlmccurdy
Sep 20, 2012, 09:44 AM
I run an imac (late 2011) and itunes is now constantly crashing, not syncing my iPhone 4s, and now has decided that it can't connect to the itunes store and so itunes match doesn't work.

I don't tamper. I bought into apple because of the philosophy of "it just works" well... at the moment, it just doesn't!

-----

this is not the time or place to go on about steve jobs, but jeez... i can't believe how quickly the ship feels like it is sinking. the attention to detail is no longer there and itunes is only the tip of the ice berg of failing products i am encountering. looks like the bean counter approach is not working.

----

all i want to do is listen to my library on itunes match and sync my iphone 4s. Apparently that is too much to ask. Someone please help.

The main error message i am getting is

"the network connection was lost"

that is when trying to connect to match.

when syncing it gets to step 6 and then unexpectedly quits.

PLEASE HELP!

iOrbit
Sep 20, 2012, 09:53 AM
I run an imac (late 2011) and itunes is now constantly crashing, not syncing my iPhone 4s, and now has decided that it can't connect to the itunes store and so itunes match doesn't work.

I don't tamper. I bought into apple because of the philosophy of "it just works" well... at the moment, it just doesn't!

-----

this is not the time or place to go on about steve jobs, but jeez... i can't believe how quickly the ship feels like it is sinking. the attention to detail is no longer there and itunes is only the tip of the ice berg of failing products i am encountering. looks like the bean counter approach is not working.

----

all i want to do is listen to my library on itunes match and sync my iphone 4s. Apparently that is too much to ask. Someone please help.

The main error message i am getting is

"the network connection was lost"

that is when trying to connect to match.

when syncing it gets to step 6 and then unexpectedly quits.

PLEASE HELP!

hi,

have you updated your iPhone OS to iOS 6? if you have, is your iTunes updated to 10.7?

thats all i can think of i'm afraid, i hope you find a solution.