Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deellow

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
The 25309
I seem to be missing the FaceTime shortcut in my contacts app in iOS 6. If i want to FaceTime someone, I have to dial the number, let them answer, then hit facetime. Is anyone else noticing this or am I just missing a step?

----------

Nevermind, I solved my own problem.

WordMasterRice

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
Upstate NY
I seem to be missing the FaceTime shortcut in my contacts app in iOS 6. If i want to FaceTime someone, I have to dial the number, let them answer, then hit facetime. Is anyone else noticing this or am I just missing a step?

It is still there for me, do the contacts that you want to facetime with have their mobile number classified as "iPhone"? I don't think that the facetime shortcut comes up if they are only "mobile".

Duke&tank

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2009
I still have the FaceTime Button in my contacts maybe you have FaceTime turned off?

Aaron

srfisher101

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2007
iPhone 5 no FaceTime

I have iOS 6 on the iPads of my wife and I, and it works fine on WiFi. But I just launched my iPhone 5 and there's no FaceTime whatsoever. I have FaceTime set up in Settings, but I have Cellular turned off, since I'm on AT&T. FaceTime calls come in, but they are rejected. Any ideas? Do I have to get off my AT&T unlimited plan and turned cellular on just to use FaceTime on WiFi?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.