Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UASteph

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
I know Guided Access was developed for educational reasons, and I can see how it will be great for that. For now, it is the perfect toddler lock for my iPhone/iPad. Buttons off, choose parts of the screen you don't want them to be able to click, and voila. My one-year-old can poke at his Fisher Price app while I change his diaper in peace. Thank you, Apple!

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008
I know Guided Access was developed for educational reasons, and I can see how it will be great for that. For now, it is the perfect toddler lock for my iPhone/iPad. Buttons off, choose parts of the screen you don't want them to be able to click, and voila. My one-year-old can poke at his Fisher Price app while I change his diaper in peace. Thank you, Apple!

Sounds terrific.

Though I wouldn't try that on my 4 year old. She's too used to having full access to the iPad to have me suddenly lock out the home screen. Thankfully, we have an older iPad loaded with just her stuff.

UASteph

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
Sounds terrific.

Though I wouldn't try that on my 4 year old. She's too used to having full access to the iPad to have me suddenly lock out the home screen. Thankfully, we have an older iPad loaded with just her stuff.

Oh, yeah - I could see older kids getting pretty annoyed. I'm just glad I can keep my little guy from deleting my emails and calling random people. For someone who hasn't even been walking very long, he has a knack for finding interesting places on the phone!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.