Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dylanursula

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Experts

I have an issue I can't seem to fix.

My wife and I both have iPhone4 phones and iPad2s each which we sync with our SINGLE iTunes account but two different iCloud accounts.

When I downloaded iOS6 and set it up as a new device and then copied across the apps via sync none of the data from the app would be in there - for example I use Notes Taker HD and when I sync'd none of my notes was in it. I then restored from a backup and the notes showed up. However I have 0.6Gb of other! Is there anyway you can setup a device as new and keep contacts, data within apps, game saves etc in our situation?

Thank you immensely

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
Experts

I have an issue I can't seem to fix.

My wife and I both have iPhone4 phones and iPad2s each which we sync with our SINGLE iTunes account but two different iCloud accounts.

When I downloaded iOS6 and set it up as a new device and then copied across the apps via sync none of the data from the app would be in there - for example I use Notes Taker HD and when I sync'd none of my notes was in it. I then restored from a backup and the notes showed up. However I have 0.6Gb of other! Is there anyway you can setup a device as new and keep contacts, data within apps, game saves etc in our situation?

Thank you immensely

Yes, there is. Use iCloud backup (use your iCloud ID, don't use Store ID). Once you have a new device, sign in with your iCloud account and voila, every thing will be there both apps and data.

dylanursula

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Yes, there is. Use iCloud backup (use your iCloud ID, don't use Store ID). Once you have a new device, sign in with your iCloud account and voila, every thing will be there both apps and data.

Thanks Matrix - appreciate it :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.