Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anonymou5e

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
Before switch to io6 if you held down on a photo you would get a screen giving you the option to save photo. Getting same screen, hit save photo and nothing saves.

Anyone else having this problem????

SoloStyle

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
I just saved a photo from Facebook, and it worked just fine. However, the first time I tried it, I received a pop up saying that Facebook needs access to my photos/camera roll (I forgot the exact wording). I clicked accept, and the photo saved just fine.

I'm thinking maybe you accidentally denied access or something. Check Settings>Privacy>Photos and see if Facebook is listed and toggled Off.

Hope that helps.

Bonez86

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
Oak Harbor, WA
I just saved a photo from Facebook, and it worked just fine. However, the first time I tried it, I received a pop up saying that Facebook needs access to my photos/camera roll (I forgot the exact wording). I clicked accept, and the photo saved just fine.

I'm thinking maybe you accidentally denied access or something. Check Settings>Privacy>Photos and see if Facebook is listed and toggled Off.

Hope that helps.

^^^ This happen to me last night, and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't do anything after I hit deny. Was worried that it was going to try and link my photos to my facebook and didn't want that, but they just wanted to access it to save the photo.

anonymou5e

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012

Hope that helps.

I was thinking the same exact thing happened but I have been through every inch of the settings and cant find anything that would toggle giving access to anything like that. I just tried reinstalling facebook to see if that resolves the issue.

----------

^^^ This happen to me last night, and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't do anything after I hit deny. Was worried that it was going to try and link my photos to my facebook and didn't want that, but they just wanted to access it to save the photo.

OK so we all know the problem but what is the fix Im not a complete idiot with this stuff and I couldnt find anything in the setting to give facebook access after the fact

----------

Bonez86

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
Oak Harbor, WA
I was thinking the same exact thing happened but I have been through every inch of the settings and cant find anything that would toggle giving access to anything like that. I just tried reinstalling facebook to see if that resolves the issue.

----------

OK so we all know the problem but what is the fix Im not a complete idiot with this stuff and I couldnt find anything in the setting to give facebook access after the fact

----------

Trying to remember off the top of my head as I don't carry my phone to work, but if you go into Settings/Privacy/Photos there should be a Facebook toggle in there. You can turn it on and go into your facebook and select a photo to save and ensure it goes to your camera roll.

anonymou5e

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
Trying to remember off the top of my head as I don't carry my phone to work, but if you go into Settings/Privacy/Photos there should be a Facebook toggle in there. You can turn it on and go into your facebook and select a photo to save and ensure it goes to your camera roll.

I did that as that would be the logical thing but when you go to;
settings/privacy
you get these options - "how you connect" "sharing on facebook" "timeline and tagging" "apps and websites" "limit the audience for past posts" "block people and apps"

I have explored every singe one of these inside and out and cant find anything that give access or make any mention of photos

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.