Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aperry

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
I read an article today that stated the Embark app is now integrated with iOS 6 Maps and should show up inside of the Maps app. I've installed Embark (for Boston) but I cannot see any integration inside the Maps app. I'm not even sure what I should be looking for.

Has anyone been successful at using "integrated" features in Maps from third party apps?

FamiliaPhoto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
While in maps choose to navigate to a location by public transportation. When you do that as list of apps will pop up which you can do the nav in. Embark will be in the list.

aperry

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Thanks. So all this really does is provide a link and a set of parameters to open a separate third-party application?

FamiliaPhoto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
Thanks. So all this really does is provide a link and a set of parameters to open a separate third-party application?

From what I've seen, yes. I've only used it with Navigon but like the feature. I'm now able to leave maps and go to turn by turn in Navigon something I could never do with Google unless I jailbroke.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.