PDA

View Full Version : Any way to convince UPS guy to change his daily route?

doc shivers
Sep 20, 2012, 05:00 PM
I don't know if anyone here works at, or knows anything about UPS, but is there any way that I can convince the delivery guy to alter his friday route so that he get to my place sooner in the day? I got **** to do tomorrow, and I don't want to be sitting on my ass waiting for my phone to get here.

jkim3691
Sep 20, 2012, 05:02 PM
Flash a little nipple when he comes by today. Maybe he'll be interested.

Seriously, the world doesn't revolve around iPhone recipients.

Big.Mac.Daddy
Sep 20, 2012, 05:02 PM
Offer a BJ? That always does the trick for my gf to get me to do something out of my daily routine ;)

skywalkerr69
Sep 20, 2012, 05:03 PM
Are you 5'10" blonde with 36DDs and have daisy dukes? If not then no.

mateo124
Sep 20, 2012, 05:03 PM
They won't because they have a set way to do it and it'll most likely cause problems. They would have to pay for the extra gas just to get to your house too. No advantage for them from giving you your phone early

doc shivers
Sep 20, 2012, 05:05 PM
what if I slipped him an Andrew Jackson, Would that be enough to sway him?

Codepiink
Sep 20, 2012, 05:06 PM
Flash a little nipple when he comes by today. Maybe he'll be interested.

Seriously, the world doesn't revolve around iPhone recipients.

This right here

Brymo
Sep 20, 2012, 05:08 PM
I called, and yelled to speak to my driver.

When he picked up i asked him why i didn't have my iphone 5 yet.

bludragon06
Sep 20, 2012, 05:08 PM
Well I'm a driver for UPS and I want to tinker with my new 5 ASAP so my thoughts.... No lol I wouldn't just because going out of rte screws everything up!

bruinsrme
Sep 20, 2012, 05:09 PM
I don't know if anyone here works at, or knows anything about UPS, but is there any way that I can convince the delivery guy to alter his friday route so that he get to my place sooner in the day? I got **** to do tomorrow, and I don't want to be sitting on my ass waiting for my phone to get here.

depending how many packages there are that day and tomorrow i am sure there may be more than normal, the route will get changed.

you can always meet them along their route

megapopular

What you should have done earlier this week is to find out his route! Then ask nicely if you bring your id if you could meet him at one of his early morning regular pick up/drop off spots and take delivery of your phone!! It would save him a few steps and cause no trouble at all!!

TOMIMOT
Pay off the local mafia to hustle him, you'll get your phone in a heart beat

tito2020
Sep 20, 2012, 05:10 PM
All ups trucks have gps they cant do it.

stu.h
Sep 20, 2012, 05:11 PM
Yeh I work at UPS.

Whats your address and I'll see what I can do.

Otherwise shut the f4)k up and wait.

skidbubble
Sep 20, 2012, 05:12 PM
What makes your delivery any more important than the hundreds of other packages on the UPS truck? Are you saying a few hundred other people should kick rocks and wait because you want your phone sooner? Seriously, there are people with legitimate, time sensitive packages on that truck (medical supplies, medicine, etc) but to hell with them, you want your iPhone.

If I was a UPS driver, I would purposely skip your house and make you wait until Monday.

DustyLBottoms
Sep 20, 2012, 05:12 PM
All ups trucks have gps they cant do it.

My UPS driver is going to specifically find my phone at the hub and then take it on the early AM route to my work, instead of my house.

markrivers
Sep 20, 2012, 05:13 PM
have you tried "hold at location".
that way, you can drive to the nearest UPS facility and get it there.
you don't have to wait all morning/afternoon for the truck.

EricSjos
Sounds like a great idea. Let's make the UPS driver drastically alter his route so he ends up taking twice as long to deliver all the packages he has for the day.

Sure, he'll probably pass about 100 other stops on the way to your house, but they can wait. It's not like he wants to deliver in the most fast and efficient way possible.

reputationZed
Maybe you should just move to a house at the beginning of the route.

DMHmac
Sep 20, 2012, 05:14 PM
Maybe you should just move to a house at the beginning of the route.

This person speaks the truth

penajmz
Sep 20, 2012, 05:15 PM
Oh God.

Brymo
Sep 20, 2012, 05:17 PM
It's a problem when I recognize your username OP.

http://i.imgur.com/1LUQW.png

jca24
Sep 20, 2012, 05:24 PM

Oh boy, another one of your useless threads that belongs in wasteland.

:apple:

tito2020
Sep 20, 2012, 05:32 PM
Good luck.

ViperDesign
Sep 20, 2012, 05:35 PM

Image (http://i.imgur.com/1LUQW.png)

Seems he has been a busy bee

MrSpanks
Sep 20, 2012, 05:38 PM
How bout you offer him a beer for the road? Maybe a mixed drink?

reputationZed
Sep 20, 2012, 05:42 PM
Offer a BJ? That always does the trick for my gf to get me to do something out of my daily routine ;)

BJ is not going to cut it, were talking anal here.

GoreVidal
Sep 20, 2012, 05:52 PM

This thread made me sad, then I saw that image, and it made me want to turn off the internet.

Zimmy68
Sep 20, 2012, 05:55 PM

The best part of new iPhone releases isn't the phone, it's posts like these.

Thanks for making my day.

Big.Mac.Daddy
Sep 20, 2012, 05:55 PM
BJ is not going to cut it, were talking anal here.

Ewww :(

hkfan24
Sep 22, 2012, 05:46 PM

LOL. He's added a lot more threads since you posted this image. Many peeps have told him stop making these kinds of threads but he obviously loves attention.

SAMtheGAM
Sep 22, 2012, 09:13 PM

That is actually how I met my partner a UPS driver :) I worked up the nerve and asked him!!!

sluggozmom
Sep 22, 2012, 09:24 PM
I drive for FedEx, and the ups driver along side me on my route got it all worked out with the driver in my town.
I met my ups driver at his 1st stop with a coffee and donuts at 9:44am
Yeah... I live in the boonies. He had my phones all ready for me!

dukebound85
Sep 22, 2012, 09:26 PM

What makes your delivery more important than someone else's, iPhone or not?

Unbelievable

trlyka
Sep 22, 2012, 09:41 PM
have you tried "hold at location".
that way, you can drive to the nearest UPS facility and get it there.
you don't have to wait all morning/afternoon for the truck.

Yes ^ Do this or wait like everyone else. OMG, I cannot believe the anticipation for a cell phone! Excitement yes, but this nonsense of timing everything just so that your phone arrives when YOU need it to. Have some people not experienced real life? Or do we all have our heads buried so deep into our text messages, forums, FB and laptops, that we have lost our reality button?

Come up and take a breath! Go out and take a walk, get some sun, have sex, go roller skating, get some ice cream, get wasted.....whatever! Geez!!!

Life does not revolve around a cell phone. I am not soapboxing, I am just saying there is a line that needs to be drawn....

calderone
Sep 22, 2012, 09:44 PM
Ewww :(

Don't knock it til you try it.

hkfan24
Sep 22, 2012, 09:59 PM
What makes your delivery more important than someone else's, iPhone or not?

Unbelievable

LOL, what's unbelievable are the countless useless threads he posts. Roflz, check out his thread/post history. Someone already posted a screen shot of his threads from a day or two ago. It just gets worse. I'm all for open minded mess but this guy is just completely off the wall. I don't get how a person doesn't realize things when they are always getting flamed in every post they create. If you're getting flamed consistently for every thread, its a sign. People like this just waste thread space just for attention. Face palm.

markrivers
Sep 22, 2012, 11:52 PM
Let me go to a different tangent here..
i have two buddies who got their iPhone 5 ( AT&T 32GB white and black) from the Apple Store here in Los Angeles
They didn't camp or anything..
They just walked in, around 11am and there still a lot of iPhones on stock.

The whole process was less than an hour.
They did have to line up ( less than 15 minutes)

I guess Apple has dramatically improved in terms of stocking:D
i have people from work who got it from AT&T retail stores also.

For people who don't want to sit and wait for the truck to come by..
Best Buy's pre-order sale is also good, you go in, buy a $50 gift card which you will apply for he iPhone purchase.
and you're guaranteed a phone on day 1.

So there.. a lot of options.:cool: