PDA

View Full Version : ibook won't turn on.

hanq
Aug 19, 2005, 04:50 PM
i have an ibook 700 that won't turn on...
here are specs:
12 inch dual usb ibook 700 mhz (mid 2002), 640 ram, 16 mb vram, combo drive, 10.3.9

what happened was... actually nothing. i just shut it down to let it rest for the many months its been on for without shutdown. gave it about 10 minutes and pressed the power button and nothing. not even a bong or anything. the display didn't come on, the harddrive didn't spin up, nothing at all. so i unplugged it, took the battery out, put it back in and tryed again and nothing, again. tryed it without battery, only with power in, nothing. unplugged it, left battery out and left it for about 2-3 hours and still nothing. i don't know what else to do.

Darwin_Lx
Aug 19, 2005, 05:05 PM
Same thing happened to my Powerbook a few months back. I pressed the Command key, the Control key and power button at the same time and it turned on. I would suggest you try that.

hanq
Aug 19, 2005, 05:15 PM
thank you for the reply.
just tryed command+ctrl+power but no cigar... :( along with many other combos.

::edit:: just started pressing things randomly and it started up! YAY! :D :D :D never been this happy ever.

thanks for the help Darwin LX. i think it was the multiple cmd+ctrl+power that actually did it. thanks alot for the help.

mjstew33
Aug 19, 2005, 09:09 PM
Well I'm glad your iBook is working!

I would've been FREAKING out if that happened to me! :o

ajampam
Aug 19, 2005, 10:35 PM
I had a similar problem recently and the apple guys made e start up holding the shift key....starts up in safe mode....could try that if your problem persists....

hanq
Aug 20, 2005, 12:49 PM
i don't know what posessed me to do it but i shut it down again. only after ten minutes of up time. thought i would try waiting it out, but its not coming back on.
why oh why did i shut it down...

::::::::::::::::fixed:::::::::::::::::::::::::