Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jenni8

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 27, 2011
CA
So I do like the integration of Facebook and that they added all my friends to my contacts. ALTHOUGH, I don't like that they all show up on the iPhone and their doesn't seem to be any way to prevent that without turning the contacts capability all the way off.

Does anyone know of a way to make the contacts NOT appear on the iPhone but still sync to the computer from Facebook? Funny thing is that on the list in the column the Facebook it shows it completely separate from the iCloud section, yet it still syncs through iCloud anyway.

Very strange and annoying. I like all the contacts on the computer, just not on the iPhone, and I DON'T want to stop syncing the contacts that are already on my Mac.

Is it just not possible yet?? Or do I need to wait for someone to make a tweak so I can force it my way, cause I know that apple would take WAY too long to make that option if they don't have it now or ever. Hmmm.

Thank you for anyone who knows anything to help with my answer.

udontno

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2011
VA, USA
Open contacts on your phone and click groups in the top left. Go down and unselect facebook contacts.

Jenni8

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 27, 2011
CA
Thanks!

Oh sweet thank you SO much. My husbands playing a game right now, but I'll fix it as soon as I can

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.