Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bangpow

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2005
Dearborn, MI
Alright, he's an ignorant question..

I've had a PB since February and i wanted to know if there's a defrag function for Mac's?? Or any kind of disk utility or something?

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
yep your files are automatically defragged for you, you shouldn't have to worry about it unless you are doing a lot of moving and editing of some huge files.

but yes there is a disk utility (doesnt defrag though) in your Utilities folder in Applications

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says....Heb1228 is right - this gets asked a lot....so my friendly :) suggestion is - try using the search feature of the forum. A simple search using the term "defrag" would show you just how many times this does get asked.

Finding your answer through the search function has 2 good effects - it prevents the forums from getting cluttered up with duplicate threads, and you get your answer faster as you do not have to wait for someone to respond......oh yeah!

Heb1228

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
Duff-Man said:
Duff-Man says....

... and you get your answer faster as you do not have to wait for someone to respond......oh yeah!
Not that we usually take very long to answer :D
Timestamp indicates a 2 min response time for this one. And searching is always good advice.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
Heb1228 said:
Not that we usually take very long to answer :D
Timestamp indicates a 2 min response time for this one. And searching is always good advice.

of course we never take long, it just creates more threads that aren't necessary though, so Duff Man has a very good point

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.