PDA

View Full Version : Can't upgrade to Mountain Lion.

SinkOrSwim
Sep 21, 2012, 06:24 AM
I have Lion on 10.7.5. For some odd reason, I can't download Mountain Lion from the Mac App Store. It's saying that the product distribution file could not be verified. It may be damaged or was not signed. I need help! Big time!

thatoneguy82
Sep 22, 2012, 12:03 AM
I have Lion on 10.7.5. For some odd reason, I can't download Mountain Lion from the Mac App Store. It's saying that the product distribution file could not be verified. It may be damaged or was not signed. I need help! Big time!

No idea.

But, if I were impatient and had done tons of restarts and researching without no results, I would do some thing. I probably would have created another user profile and open the App Store in there and download the file. Make sure you cancel the automatic install. Then, just make the file accessible through your main user account.

SinkOrSwim
Sep 22, 2012, 04:13 AM
No idea.

But, if I were impatient and had done tons of restarts and researching without no results, I would do some thing. I probably would have created another user profile and open the App Store in there and download the file. Make sure you cancel the automatic cancel. Then, just make the file accessible through your main user account.

I was thinking of signing in on another Mac and download mountain lion under my iTunes ID and then save it to a DVD or external hard drive. But this error actually got me all worked up in finding out what's causing it. I hope it isn't anything major.

thatoneguy82
Sep 22, 2012, 04:29 AM
I was thinking of signing in on another Mac and download mountain lion under my iTunes ID and then save it to a DVD or external hard drive. But this error actually got me all worked up in finding out what's causing it. I hope it isn't anything major.

Yeah, that'll work too. Almost like my suggestion but you're using it on a different computer.

SinkOrSwim
Sep 22, 2012, 04:35 AM
Yeah, that'll work too. Almost like my suggestion but you're using it on a different computer.

Yup! I don't think I'll ever get rid of this MBP. the new ones are nice and all that, but it lacks one thing on its physical attribute that annoys me a bit. It is the button on the left side of the MBP that tells you how much battery the laptop has without even opening the computer. I wish they would put this function back. It's simple yet very useful.

thatoneguy82
Sep 22, 2012, 04:44 AM
Yup! I don't think I'll ever get rid of this MBP. the new ones are nice and all that, but it lacks one thing on its physical attribute that annoys me a bit. It is the button on the left side of the MBP that tells you how much battery the laptop has without even opening the computer. I wish they would put this function back. It's simple yet very useful.

I have that button. I agree, it is useful. Which MBP do you have? I have a mid-2010 17" model. I've upgraded to SSD and HDD dual drive and max 8GB RAM. Plus, I like the 17" 1900x1200 display. I don't think I'll be upgrading for a while, it's still damage-free.

SinkOrSwim
Sep 22, 2012, 05:32 AM
I have that button. I agree, it is useful. Which MBP do you have? I have a mid-2010 17" model. I've upgraded to SSD and HDD dual drive and max 8GB RAM. Plus, I like the 17" 1900x1200 display. I don't think I'll be upgrading for a while, it's still damage-free.

I have same model and year. Didn't upgrade to Ssd, but upgraded the Hd and rpms, resolution, and 8gb ram, and glossy wide screen, 15". I'm still waiting for the the quad core, retina display, over 3.0 ghz, and 16+ ram on the 13".