Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

farmerdoug

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
I wrote an application the included a story board; I downloaded an application that has a story board but there is no .storyboard file. Where do I look? I take it it's generated in the OverlayViewController.

thanks

multinode

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2011
Hi ...

Look for a directory called en.lproj where your source files are. Inside that directory is a file called MainStoryboard.storyboard. You can thusly see it in Finder.

Go to the menu: View/Navigators/ShowProjectNavigator. This way you can see the same storyboard file inside your project.

farmerdoug

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
Thanks but I don't think that's the right answer. I think code was from a verison that used something other that storyboard.
Possible?

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
I think code was from a verison that used something other that storyboard.
Possible?

Yes, it's possible that they used a file type other than storyboard for building their interface. They may have used files with an extension of .nib (if it's really old,) or .xib (newer.)

The drawback with nibs/xibs is that each file can only contain a single view controller (or screen or scene or whatever you want to call it.) As a result, a lot of inter-vc communication has to be written in code. But storyboards were only introduced a year ago, so lots of sample code will still have .xibs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.