PDA

View Full Version : Buying in store vs online

Grog140
Sep 21, 2012, 10:33 PM
I want to buy the standard MacBook air 13inch with 8gb of ram instead of 4. Can I only buy this configuration online? I'd like to buy it in store if I can but I'm assuming they only have the stock configurations with 4gb in store.

If anyone knows if they have some non standard configurations in store it'd be great!

Thanks

simsaladimbamba
Sep 21, 2012, 10:36 PM
You could phone the stores near you and ask.

Many stores where I live have BTO configurations, though those stores are not Apple Stores.

Mrbobb
Sep 21, 2012, 11:10 PM
Buy online and have them ship it to the Apple store?

Why the objection of buying (Apple) online?

utahusker
Sep 21, 2012, 11:25 PM
He probably likes to have the merchandise in hand after paying for it. I'm in that camp, but if its not an option I'm okay with online.

Grog140
Sep 22, 2012, 09:51 AM
Actually, I just want it now rather than waiting a week. Plus I thoroughly enjoy the service I get in the apple store. The way they organize the purchase and payment of things impresses me.

Mrbobb
Sep 22, 2012, 10:07 AM
Actually, I just want it now rather than waiting a week. Plus I thoroughly enjoy the service I get in the apple store. The way they organize the purchase and payment of things impresses me.

The few times I've been at an Apple store don't impress me. Granted maybe stores are different.

I don't remember anybody asking me if I wanted assistance, I had to flag down somebody.

Last time I was at a Portland store, my mistake on a saturday, the place was packed and noisy. So noisy that I had wanted to buy an ATV and decided not to because I didn't want to look for somebody, then wait blah-blah. I figured the newbies who were asking the 10,000 questions needed more help than me.

Grog140
Sep 22, 2012, 10:19 AM
I like that they don't ask. Best part of the store for me. I like to look at things in peace.

Then if I do need something there are buttons next to each product to call someone over for assistance. Takes like a minute for them to get there and then I'm good.

Zeke D
Sep 22, 2012, 11:17 AM
I just wish there was an Apple Store in my hometown. The closest is two hours away in Phoenix :(

utahusker
Sep 22, 2012, 11:33 AM
I just wish there was an Apple Store in my hometown. The closest is two hours away in Phoenix :(

I'm with you on that. 1 1/2 hours to Vegas, 2 hours to a store.

iamsen47
Sep 22, 2012, 11:45 AM
I wish there was an Apple store in the COUNTRY I'm in now (not in Japan presently). I went to all the various resellers and what-have-yous before I gave up and just ordered through the online store because it was less hassle, it was faster, it was cheaper, and they take returns no questions asked. I returned an Airport Express the day I got it simply because it comes with a 3 pin plug instead of the 2 pin they said I'd get when I called before purchasing and the nice guy just said OK without batting an eyelid (not that I could see him over the phone.)