PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone like the new app store?

Tech198
Sep 22, 2012, 03:11 AM
Does anyone like the new App Store in IOS 6?

I think Apple has a way to go with this, not unusual as Maps is the same.

App Store is slow, the purchase section has a neat popup, but omitts all the crucial details and or images of a product purchased.

When installing and swiping up/down, is un-resonsive if there is allot on screen.

Hope Apple fixes this. I prefer the old app store

Also, i know see a "new" badge applied when downloading previously purchased apps.

connoisseur
Sep 22, 2012, 03:46 PM
I like the fact fact that it doesn't exit and take you to the desktop

Layth
Sep 23, 2012, 03:25 AM
I like most of the changes, especially updating without entering my password. However, I find it very annoying that it seems like they removed all the links to a developer's website. Unless I'm familer with the developer, I like to visit a developer's website before I buy an app, or if I want more info about the app.

zunex
Sep 23, 2012, 07:48 AM
I like most of the changes, especially updating without entering my password. However, I find it very annoying that it seems like they removed all the links to a developer's website. Unless I'm familer with the developer, I like to visit a developer's website before I buy an app, or if I want more info about the app.

Same here, I can't find the developer links too. Otherwise, main screen & new search display is awesome! :D

robdam1001
Sep 24, 2012, 02:27 PM
Love it

rhett7660
Sep 24, 2012, 02:41 PM

This was my only grip with the store. Glad to see they finally took care of this. No complaints for me with the store.

SilentLoner
Sep 24, 2012, 11:12 PM
This was my only grip with the store. Glad to see they finally took care of this. No complaints for me with the store.

Mine is that the store is too slow.

docprego
Sep 24, 2012, 11:30 PM
It's appallingly slow on my new iPad but rather fast on my iPhone 5. I love being able to install apps without exiting the store. Also I find that links to the App Store from Safari now work every time, they used to never work. On my iPad the purchased tab never loads anything.

Overall I think the redesign is terrible but there are a few positive improvements.

rhett7660
Sep 25, 2012, 08:13 AM
Mine is that the store is too slow.

To tell you the truth I have not noticed. Just the overall store or when you are doing a specific function like a search?

SandboxGeneral
Sep 25, 2012, 08:15 AM
I like it so far. The best thing is the badge notifications actually show up without me having to "check for updates" first as in the past. I just randomly look at my phone and there will be an update waiting for me.

As for the look and feel of it, I like it and think it works fine on my 4S.

GoCubsGo
Sep 25, 2012, 08:16 AM

THIS! This was my true only annoyance.

Carl Sagan
Sep 25, 2012, 08:16 AM
On iPad yes, on iPhone no.

SteppingStone
Sep 25, 2012, 09:19 AM
It's simpler overall, which I more-or-less like. The scrolling performance is lousy though -- however they're handling downloading the icons and app metadata seems to be really laggy.

GerritV
Sep 25, 2012, 01:40 PM
I can't download an app without setting up a Q&A with 3 (stupid) questions?
And there's no "Back" button?

dancj
Sep 25, 2012, 03:07 PM
I can't download an app without setting up a Q&A with 3 (stupid) questions?
And there's no "Back" button?
What questions are those? Wen I download an app it's just putting inmy password and occasionally confirming I'm over 18, just like before.

GerritV
Sep 26, 2012, 02:02 AM
After hitting "Install" to purchase/download an app, a warning dialog appeared saying something about improving security of my Apple ID - along with that came a suggestion to answer 3 questions. Think: "What was the name of your first pet?", "Where did your parents meet?"...
Now I understand and appreciate the security concern, but I had no choice but to run through this setup prior to continue to use the Appstore. So I made a screenshot of the questionaire, just in case sometime in the future I need to answer them on an Appstore login - you never know.

The absence of a "Back" button is way more serious for me, makes browsing the store almost impossible IMHO.

Tech198
Sep 26, 2012, 03:11 AM

Which apps.? Coz i just updated Slingsht Racing tonigt, and needed to enter my password.

Afterwards i went back to home 'Featured' section, and yes,, i was indeed loged in.

ShiTzuism
Sep 26, 2012, 02:36 PM
Zero complaints thus far

TG1
Sep 26, 2012, 02:41 PM
For me it's very slow when on the top charts page. The images for the icons take forever to load.

ademcalvin
Sep 28, 2012, 05:49 AM
The basic phone functionality is apparently still in its infancy too. The App approvers should deny any game that constantly bugs you to invite or challenge people via Facebook.

kipnosky
Sep 28, 2012, 06:31 AM
For me it's very slow when on the top charts page. The images for the icons take forever to load.

Yes, it's much slower than the old store in that aspect.

zunex
Sep 28, 2012, 07:02 AM

Me too. I like the new arrangement of the search result most, which makes it easier to look for suitable app.

BentwoodBlue
Sep 30, 2012, 10:30 AM
I also love that I no l longer exit every time, also glad they finally stop asking for passwords on updates, now wish they'd stop asking for stuff over 17.

Abazigal
Oct 1, 2012, 09:24 AM
No diff, really. I could never really find anything useful pre-IOS6, and still can't find anything I want now. Any apps I do download, are often through word of mouth or googled online. :rolleyes:

SunnyStudioNeo
Oct 1, 2012, 01:17 PM
It becomes harder to find apps...

thekb
Oct 4, 2012, 10:01 AM
The absence of a "Back" button is way more serious for me, makes browsing the store almost impossible IMHO.

I HATE having no back button. I go to hit 'more reviews' and press Genius by mistake. Then there is no way to get back to where I was before. Argh!

rhett7660
Oct 4, 2012, 10:26 AM
After hitting "Install" to purchase/download an app, a warning dialog appeared saying something about improving security of my Apple ID - along with that came a suggestion to answer 3 questions. Think: "What was the name of your first pet?", "Where did your parents meet?"...
Now I understand and appreciate the security concern, but I had no choice but to run through this setup prior to continue to use the Appstore. So I made a screenshot of the questionaire, just in case sometime in the future I need to answer them on an Appstore login - you never know.

I have not seen this yet. Interesting.

Since you have set it up and posted this, have you had to answer the questions again?

GerritV
Oct 10, 2012, 01:39 PM
I have not seen this yet. Interesting.

Since you have set it up and posted this, have you had to answer the questions again?

No. Maybe these questions will need to be answered when asking a password reset? I mean, that would make sense, wouldn't it?

rhett7660
Oct 10, 2012, 04:56 PM
No. Maybe these questions will need to be answered when asking a password reset? I mean, that would make sense, wouldn't it?

Oh I agree. I was just wondering if you had to sign back in, did you have to answer the questions again that is all.

Chataupiano
Oct 10, 2012, 06:37 PM
Hate it. You can't browse apps by release date. Now it's hard to discover new apps.

rhett7660
Oct 15, 2012, 01:25 PM
I just noticed that when I do an update now, it is asking for my password, where this wasn't the case a day or two ago. Anybody else have this happen?

MacBH928
Oct 15, 2012, 10:40 PM
This is not perfect...I am not sure how can a company as big as Apple cant just make a store that works well and is well organized , especially when its a core thing for probably their biggest cash cows the iphone+ipad

None the less the current store is SOOOOO much better than the old one, looks wise and functionality wise . Its actually kind of enjoyable to browse

Greencardman
Oct 16, 2012, 11:14 AM
The new App Store only shows you the first 24 search results, even though there might be more results. That seems like a weird oversight.

richimages
Nov 19, 2012, 02:50 PM
easy to find the rating, and reviews, and screenshots ... somewhat difficult to find the basic app descriptions.

- just my 2 cents