Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the_freddinator

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2005
SE PA
I just wasted away my Sunday adding album art to all 235 albums I have on iTunes....I used iTunes Art Importer ver. 0.9.2 because I'm running a windows machine.

For the sake of irony, is there a windows compatible program that automatically does your entire library (I read on another thread there was for mac...)? rather than going through and selecting individual albums, searching (and sometimes manually going to amazon), then applying?

pretentious

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2002
"Reality"
Try iArt it's pretty good, or you might try Album Cover Finder

My personal fav though is to use Konfabulator's iTunes Companion.
If you don't know what Konfabulator is, it is a widget program like Apple's Dashboard and it is now owned by Yahoo!.
The iTC widget sits on top of your screen and whenever you play a song it will download the album art via Amazon it will then add this to iTunes as well. I have this last feature turned off because that just adds to the size of the MP3 file and only is really helpful if you have a Color iPod.
IF iTC can't find the art a quick Image search on Google usually finds it and drag drop that picture to the widget, and when ever that album is played it will show that pic.
What is really cool about is that you can control iTunes via the widget, and will tell you what song is currently playing (literally if you want as well).
It's pretty cool give it a try

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
the_freddinator said:
I just wasted away my Sunday adding album art to all 235 albums I have on iTunes....I used iTunes Art Importer ver. 0.9.2 because I'm running a windows machine.

Careful, or you might soon find yourself without an iPod anymore.

I did the same as you just did (mostly manually with the help of a web-based find-the-cover-art-image app)... once.

I kept my entire CD collection on my iPod -- hundreds of CD's, ripped one at a time -- and deleted the mp3's off my Powerbook hard drive to conserve space.

Then one day I accidentally touched the sync settings in iTunes, and... yup... it dutifully synced my iPod contents with my Powerbook's.

In other words, it deleted all the music off my iPod.

I was so frustrated and depressed that for about 3 months I didn't even bother picking up the iPod... since it was empty, it was useless. I couldn't bear the thought of re-ripping and re-adding ALL those tracks and album covers. I did a half-hearted effort to re-rip a half dozen CD's, but couldn't be bothered to sit down and do more. Again.

Finally after realizing that I had gone for so long without touching the iPod, and worrying that I was neglecting its battery (and hearing about all the bad press about the bad battery on those models)... I sold the iPod.

One day I'll own another iPod.

One day.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Give iAlbumArt a try

iAlbumArt is from the makers of iPodSync. I find the latter really excellent in Syncing Outlook to the iPod, but I found iAlbumArt less great, though it might work better if I didn't have so many off the beaten path/indie/import albums in my library. It gives you a view of your whole library showing you the existing image and the image it found and lets you pick between them.

Most of the time I just do it manually or use Tag & Rename to search for me album by album.

One day I'll get my iTunes library over to the Mac.

B

pretentious

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2002
"Reality"
Well...I'm sorry to hear that... I don't think that was a problem with adding art to your collection though...

Did you ever try to use a disk recovery tool to your iPod? I doubt iTunes wipes the HD when it drops the music the iPod.

It is a lesson in backing up all your hard drives. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.