PDA

View Full Version : Will iPhone 5 work on PPC with out iTunes 10.7

oldmanmax
Sep 22, 2012, 11:06 AM
As I understand it iTunes 10.7 is not available for the PPC's, but from what I have heard iPhone 5 needs iTunes 10.7 to work fully. Is there any truth to this. Called local Apple store and was not able to get a definite answer.

Zeke D
Sep 22, 2012, 11:14 AM
The word is "Nope."

eyoungren
Sep 22, 2012, 12:11 PM
The word is "Nope."
What Zeke D said. I tried it, iTunes tells you you need 10.7. Maybe somebody will figure this out and get it to work, but I doubt it.

But there are some workarounds.
I have an old iPhone 3GS that I inherited from my sister. I'm on Sprint, so all I could use it for was a glorified iPod Touch. But iCloud works with it, it will run iOS 6 and it will sync with iTunes 10.6.3.

What you can do is sync your contacts, calendars and photos using an older iPhone that is still connected to iCloud. That will put everything into iCloud which you can merge with the stuff on the iPhone 5 already (if you have your iPhone 5 hooked up to iCloud). Your stuff will automagically appear on the iPhone 5 because of iCloud.

Another way to get pictures on the phone is to use Dropbox on your Mac and install the Dropbox app on your iPhone.

As for music, maybe someone else can help here as I keep all my music on my Nano.

tayloralmond
Sep 22, 2012, 01:02 PM
For music, you could always sign up for a Gmail account and use Google Play Music (it's free). Google provides a syncing client that automatically syncs your iTunes music (up to 20,000 songs) to the cloud. There's no official Google Music app for iOS yet, but there are some 3rd party alternatives that support saving your music to the phone. The syncing client requires Leopard and is PowerPC compatible. You can also stream your music saved to Google Music in a web-browser on any computer...which I've found very useful when over at a friend's house and need some music to play.

Link--->Google Play Music (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&ved=0CEoQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmusic.google.com%2F&ei=__xdUKPjJ8W-yQHen4CQCg&usg=AFQjCNFRgmMQGrqlhemgRN7r_MpZReuG5w&sig2=7okzhH4u7ajf7mEVDSacww)

Jessica Lares
Sep 22, 2012, 06:02 PM
I wonder if PhoneView will work with the iPhone 5...