Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DSPfisher

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 2, 2010
I Have a 2009 Ford F150. I can't get the iPhone 5 to work with the Sync when connected via the Lightning cable.

Anyone else have this issue or figured out a way to make it work?

Thanks

Scuba-EMT

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2010
Solomons Island, MD
Not at all, I plugged into my 2012 Fusion Hybid, it recognized the phone, offered to download new apps related to sync and I was done. Have you tried the cable with your computer? There are several threads here at MR about bad cables.

s.hasan546

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2011
NY
tried it with my rental yesterday. didn't work.

But than again ford sync and my touch is a piece of ******

NutFlush920

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2011
I Have a 2009 Ford F150. I can't get the iPhone 5 to work with the Sync when connected via the Lightning cable.

Anyone else have this issue or figured out a way to make it work?

Thanks

I too have a 2009 F150 but haven't gotten mt IP5 yet thanks to Best Buy. I'll try it and report back once I do.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Text

I had to delete and re-add my iPhone and now it says Messaging works. However when I got an iMessage from my wife's iPad it never alerted. Inbox on FordSync said its empty. So does it require a text from a known phone # or will iMessage from another iPhone work? Ford 2011 Explorer.

Last edited:

n2deep

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2010
2010 Ford F150 platinum and everything is working just fine. Still no text messaging though.

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
It was working until the GA release and now it seems to be broken. There also seems to a Problem with MyFord Touch systems as the GEN 1 Sync cars are working. Note I have a 2011 Edge with MFT and was testing with it throughout the beta. It did work at one time.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm on MFT and it surely does not work. Even stranger, I did a send text from the MFT and it said it was sent. But it was not in reality. Reading that thread from the Sync community, its clear ford has some work to do on the MFT.

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.
Thanks for the clarification. I'm on MFT and it surely does not work. Even stranger, I did a send text from the MFT and it said it was sent. But it was not in reality. Reading that thread from the Sync community, its clear ford has some work to do on the MFT.

Yeah, That's true. Sad fact is that even though several of us on the forum have software \ hardware test experience and have offered to beta test with our own cars, the silence has been as they say deafening. There is a MFT update for our cars now (3.22), but I'm afraid to install it-seems to be causing some other problems. or not. Time will tell.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Yeah, That's true. Sad fact is that even though several of us on the forum have software \ hardware test experience and have offered to beta test with our own cars, the silence has been as they say deafening. There is a MFT update for our cars now (3.22), but I'm afraid to install it-seems to be causing some other problems. or not. Time will tell.

Yeah I saw that update but I'm afraid to install it as well. I know the temp back on the big screen is nice, but I don't want to break what's working now on 3.0.2

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.