Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macjock

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2008
So, on some of the forums I browse there are embedded YouTube clips in some o the threads. Now on my iPhone these clips display a red and white play icon. When I try to play them it says I need flash or the latest QuickTime.

How do I get it just to play YouTube clips the way it did previously.

Thanks in advance.

Titleist

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
Have you downloaded the YouTube app from the App Store? If not, that's your problem. If you have, then I don't have an answer for you.

Titleist

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
That's strange. I'm using an iPhone 5, with iOS 6 and haven't ran into any YouTube issues. Share a link with your problem.

movieator

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2009
LA, CA
I think the first thing we need to figure out here is why Google's YouTube app sucks the high hard one.

Titleist

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
The YouTube app (that google made) is awful. Apple removes their app, and they come back with some worthless junk? C'mon.

Suspended
May 3, 2011
It's even worse on iPad due to no google YouTube app available. I downloaded Jasmine which helps but so many videos are restricted by google it not as good as thing were.
Even using safari pre ios6 was better than it is now. I was looking for some music earlier ad couldn't even find a version that didn't require flash. Have google started reversing the HTML 5 thing as it does seem like there's less in the way of playable videos.

----------

In fact they are reversing video which were playable previously. I just checked a video I uploaded which I know I played to a friend when showing him my iPad. Now it requires flash,wtf !

I think we are witnessing corperate teddy throwing ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.