PDA

View Full Version : Provisioning profile Q

xArtx
Sep 22, 2012, 07:51 PM
Hi Guys,
Just to be sure...
Does the provisioning profile for personal developer account have to be installed
on devices that are linked to your own iTunes account?
I've had no problem plugging my devices in, and a window pops up with an option: "Use This Device For Develpment", but when I plugged my Father's iPhone into the same Mac, it just opened iTunes.
He could have tested a program for me.
Cheers, Art.

truehybridx
Sep 22, 2012, 10:40 PM
If it doesnt auto pop up just open up Organizer in Xcode and his device should be listed there where you can hit Use For Development from which the generic profile "should" be installed so you can test your app on his phone

xArtx
Sep 22, 2012, 10:54 PM
If it doesnt auto pop up just open up Organizer in Xcode and his device should be listed there where you can hit Use For Development from which the generic profile "should" be installed so you can test your app on his phone

That worked, and the program is running on Dad's phone, Thanks :)

Just that it's the only time the window didn't pop up by itself as soon as the device was plugged in.
Cheers, Art.

samdev
Sep 23, 2012, 05:31 AM
Hi Guys,
Just to be sure...
Does the provisioning profile for personal developer account have to be installed
on devices that are linked to your own iTunes account?
I've had no problem plugging my devices in, and a window pops up with an option: "Use This Device For Develpment", but when I plugged my Father's iPhone into the same Mac, it just opened iTunes.
He could have tested a program for me.
Cheers, Art.

The "Use Device for Development" button is not for giving away your app to unregistered persons
for testing. Development is used for debugging with XCode only. Apple can terminate your license
for doing that.

You need to setup a AdHoc Distribution if you want other people to test your app.

xArtx
Sep 23, 2012, 07:06 AM
Thanks for the info.
It would be wise to take that into consideration.