Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doomfront

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
Like the title mentions, what do you think will be the next most have Android device? I'm on VZW and really excited about news of the Note 2 coming and also a HTC phablet releasing around the same time. I've been eligible for an upgrade since June but there aren't any phones out that I'm all that interested in right now.

I would love to see a new Nexus device real soon. My coworker said that VZW probably won't get another Nexus phone though because of the hassle they gave Google concerning NFC and just taking forever to actually release the phone. Hope that isn't true.

Calidude

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2010
It will definitely be the next Nexus or Nexii coming by the end of this year.

We might also see an Android 4.2 update coming along with it.

Gangnam Style

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2012
I'm waiting for the Note II.
I think it will be a great phone that will be on top of the smartphone market for 2 years or so.

Stropaganda

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
So far, either the LG Optimus G or Droid Incredible 2. If the next Nexus is announced, then probably that.

doomfront

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
So far, either the LG Optimus G or Droid Incredible 2. If the next Nexus is announced, then probably that.

That LG phone looks really nice, but I've been burned by that company too many times in the past. Don't think I'm givign them another try.

Did you mean the Droid Incredible X?

Southernboyj

macrumors 68000
Mar 8, 2012
Mobile, AL
Think they'll go the 5" route with the Nexus?

I honestly hope not. The Note feels to big for me, the Galaxy S3 is as big as I want to go, and when using mind in some positions it feels like a big stretch to reach to whole screen. I'd say go with 4.65" again or 4.8" max.

flameproof

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2011
Maybe Nokia Lumia 820

Was already impressed by the Lumia 800. But financial restrains will force me to keep my iPhone 4 for now, maybe till the end of 2013.

iphonefan74

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2012
The Note 2, Droid Razr HD and the new Nexus will be the next big deals. LG has an awful track record for updates and support, no one in their right mind would touch any of their phones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.