PDA

View Full Version : Powerpoint Presentation to DVD?

skp574
Aug 22, 2005, 06:05 AM
I have recently bought FCE and DVD Studio to tinker around with at home.

However, someone has asked me if I can get a powerpoint presentation on to a DVD to be played back on a standard player.

I tried this before on a PC. There was a bit of software that could grab the presentation when played full screen into an AVI file which could then be used.

What is the best way to do it in FCE then DVD Studio?

The presentation has already been done, such as transitions in PP, so I guess I could cut out using FCE. It will be used unattended and will loop.

I just need to get a video of the presentation to import into DVD Studio?

I had trouble trying to do this before. I ended up taking an S-Video output from a PC laptop into a DVD Recorder. I want to try to do it all on a computer.

Also I found the resolution change between computer and video caused distortion of the video. On that occasion is was not acceptable as it was being projected up to about 80" and text looked distorted.

Anyone got experience of this or can point me in the right direction?

ChrisBrightwell
Aug 22, 2005, 09:28 AM
Keynote can export to Quicktime (and, thus, to DV), but I'm not sure how well it works. You might try that, if the PPT -> Keynote conversion goes well.

I've converted several PPT kiosk-style slideshows to DVD by hooking up my Sony camcorder and using my Powerbook's s-video and audio outputs to dub it (via analog) to the camcorder and using Final Cut Express HD to capture it back to the Powerbook (via firewire).

If you're more interested in using the DVD as a presentation tool (where you control the timing from slide to slide, etc), you can export the presentation as a set of JPGs and build each slide as a DVD menu w/ fwd/back/home/etc buttons.

Hope this helps.

macvac
Aug 31, 2005, 10:35 AM
Import to iMovie and burn from there.

http://www.danslagle.com/mac/iMovie/tips_tricks/6021.shtml

jayeskreezy
Sep 12, 2005, 01:11 PM
they also have microsoft producer for free for anyone with microsoft powerpoint 2003, but I dont know if it's available for mac or not....check microsoft's website

rjphoto
May 24, 2006, 04:58 PM
you can export the PowerPoint slides as .jpg files and import them into iMovie or Final Cut, but you will lose all of the PowerPoint transitions and animations.

You can redo the transitions between slides with video transitions. No big deal, but if there is text flying in at different times you're out of luck doing it this way.

PowerPoint for the Mac can also output a Quicktime file. It's been awhile since I did it but it worked to some degree.

Sharewaredemon
Jul 13, 2006, 09:14 AM
Holy thread revival Batman!

Seems like two posters here are just advertising as well... :rolleyes:

xsedrinam
Jul 13, 2006, 01:53 PM
PowerPoint>File>MakeMovie>Export to QT Movie>Export to MPEG2>Burn to DVD
or Open in Keynote (fix any transitions, etc)>Export to QTMove>Export to MPEG2>Burn to DVD

botzy
Aug 1, 2007, 09:57 PM
yeah,i've used that, and feels great! :eek:just like mandarina said,only few clicks of setting,you will get what you want.and i've tried Moyea PPT to DVD Burner,it's really cool!:D