Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iapplelove

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
Long story short,been using an iPhone 4 paired with my car no issues with sound quality before and after iOS 6 update. Bought iPhone 5 Friday everything syncs fine except now sound quality over BT is a bit scratchy. Some have said it could be an iOS 6 issue not with the newer iPhone.

Any suggestions?

pdqgp

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2010
So far it's just fine in both a Ford and Mazda with BT Capabilities. Zero difference. In both cases, it's identical to the sound when hardwired via the USB.

Ripcord83

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2009
Bay Area, CA
I have a 2010 Mazda 3 and BT with my iPhone 4 before & after iOS 6 had issues.
it played fine but I had a weird pop/static sound every min or so.

got an iPhone 5 recently and I don't have any of these issues.

chiefpavvy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2008
There have been reports of bluetooth issues since iOS 6 but they don't seem to affect everyone, no real rhyme or reason. Myself, I have had no issues at all. But I'm not a big Bluetooth user, only on occasion.

pdqgp

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2010
Equalizer Settings WAY BETTER

Just tested out the BT Through my Ford a bit more this time with a very noticeable difference in Bass response. Apple definitely upgraded the EQ settings vs what they were.

My car has a pretty nice 13 speaker Sony Surround System and it made a very nice impact on the sound.

Thanks Apple!

andrew5000011

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2012
Poor Sound Quality

The upgrade to iOS6 has absolutely ruined the sound quality I experience in my 2012 VW CC. Today I thought I had a blown speaker or another issue before I realized what it was. From a previously great sound quality, to a scratchy, tinny, depthless sound. Extremely Disappointing.

BSoares

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2012
USA
My 4s sounds like crap in my car now as well. Acura TSX. Volume is lower and quality is choppy as if signal was really bad but it's not. Speaker sounds blown like poster above reports too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.