PDA

View Full Version : Anyway to get rid of pauses between songs on ipod?

DEXTERITY
Aug 22, 2005, 04:15 PM
I have a lot of mix CD's. When trying to play them on itunes I have to adjust cross fade in the preferences in order to somewhat make the songs flow how they normally would in a cd player. However, with my ipod their is a pause after every track. Is there a way to fix this? I think it is pretty stupid that in this time and age itunes nor my ipod can play a mix cd without pauses between songs. Would appreciate any help. thanks.

stridey
Aug 22, 2005, 04:16 PM
I have a lot of mix CD's. When trying to play them on itunes I have to adjust cross fade in the preferences in order to somewhat make the songs flow how they normally would in a cd player. However, with my ipod their is a pause after every track. Is there a way to fix this? I think it is pretty stupid that in this time and age itunes nor my ipod can play a mix cd without pauses between songs. Would appreciate any help. thanks.

Not without making the songs the same track. It's one of the most requested features for the iPod.

DEXTERITY
Aug 22, 2005, 07:10 PM
wow, that is terrible especially in the year 2005. Thanks for the answer. Anyway to make it one track after it is already imported to your ipod?

I wonder if Apple is even aware people want this feature. I can't understand why it wouldn't automatically read the songs without a space. If there isn't one there why add one? It makes no sense.

mad jew
Aug 22, 2005, 07:14 PM
Sorry, but I don't think it can be done within iTunes. I'm not sure if you're on a PC or a Mac, but the OSX answer would be to use SoundStudio (shipped free with some Macs, I forget which) or GarageBand from the iLife suite. :)

Sorry, I don't know of any free and viable PC equivalents, but VersionTracker (http://versiontracker.com/) may come up with something good. :)

quackattack
Aug 22, 2005, 07:29 PM
Short answer: No
Long answer: Yes... (http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=2005081423571277) But it will take some work.

Jedi128
Aug 22, 2005, 10:18 PM
Only way I know is to make it one track. I would like to beable to do this too with some classical music....... Oh, well.... I'm not making it one track.....

nightdweller25
Aug 22, 2005, 11:38 PM
http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=2005081423571277&query=gapless

NicP
Aug 23, 2005, 12:02 AM
Honestly, how difficult would it be for apple to put a "rip to cue sheet and single file" option in itunes. This solution is nice and all but the tracks dont show up properly as tracks in itunes, the track names dont appear on the ipod, and it only supports AAC (i'd rather use lossless). Not to mention its a whole lot of effort for something (gapless) that should be part of itunes/ipod as standard.

*sigh*

MacNut
Aug 23, 2005, 12:31 AM
iTunes kinda has a solution but its not a true fix. You can overlap songs so that one song blends into the next, that is the closest you can get. It is a pain to listen the Pink Floyd's The Wall or Dark Side of The Moon when the tracks keep breaking.

DEXTERITY
Aug 23, 2005, 04:11 AM
thanks for the responses. In short, that sucks, lol. oh well, maybe they will address the issue. It can't be that hard to do.

and thanks for the links, checking out chapter tool now. seems promising if it doesn't take too much time.

DEXTERITY
Aug 23, 2005, 07:41 PM
Has anyone actually used the chapter tool? I tried to use it, set up my bookmarks, but when I went to save it I kept getting error messages. I can't find a download on Apple's site. It does look like a cool little application if I could get it to work.