Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bern

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
According to MacWorld Toast 7 includes a Desktop Recorder Dashboard Widget which they say is "a handy utility that enables you to capture live audio using CD Spin Doctor, a companion application that’s also included with Toast 7 Titanium. You can use it to record voice memos or audio from any analog source."

I bought Toast 7 via ESD from Roxio and there is no such widget. Does anyone have this?

Attachments

• toast7widget.jpg
    toast7widget.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 462

chucknorris

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2005
Moscow, ID (No Kremlin here!)
Bern said:
According to MacWorld Toast 7 includes a Desktop Recorder Dashboard Widget which they say is "a handy utility that enables you to capture live audio using CD Spin Doctor, a companion application that’s also included with Toast 7 Titanium. You can use it to record voice memos or audio from any analog source."

I bought Toast 7 via ESD from Roxio and there is no such widget. Does anyone have this?

I may have missed an announcement, but...I didn't think Toast 7 had been released yet.

Speculation emerged last week that it would be released sometime this fall...

Are you sure it's Toast 7?

chucknorris

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2005
chucknorris said:
I may have missed an announcement, but...I didn't think Toast 7 had been released yet.

Speculation emerged last week that it would be released sometime this fall...

Are you sure it's Toast 7?

Alright I checked Roxio's website and Toast 7 isn't set to be released until 8/31.

Maybe you don't have the widget, because you don't have the program. ;)

Bern

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
chucknorris said:
Alright I checked Roxio's website and Toast 7 isn't set to be released until 8/31.

Maybe you don't have the widget, because you don't have the program. ;)

Actually yes I do have the program as Roxio emailed some registered users a link to buy it ESD before it's release. Read the first paragraph in MacWorld's report smart guy. I paid US$99 for it. I'm not a thief and I don't like the implication!

chucknorris

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2005
Bern said:
Actually yes I do have the program as Roxio emailed some registered users a link to buy it ESD before it's release. Read the first paragraph in MacWorld's report smart guy. I paid US$99 for it. I'm not a thief and I don't like the implication!

Whoa! I wasn't implying you were a thief. Just that everything I've seen indicates Toast 7 hasn't been released yet.

I'm glad to hear you've got it though. Hope it's everything it's cracked up to be.

I guess I couldn't answer your question about the widget.

BTW: A wink usually indicates a light-hearted tone, so take it easy next time.

GM-Xfire

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2005
You can get it one of two ways;

Open CD Spin Doctor and create a new recording and then the menu option of "install dashboard widget" should become available.

Show package contents of CD Spin Doctor and inside the Resources folder you will find CDSD Recorder.wdgt file.

:cool:

Bern

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
GM-Xfire said:
You can get it one of two ways;

Open CD Spin Doctor and create a new recording and then the menu option of "install dashboard widget" should become available.

Show package contents of CD Spin Doctor and inside the Resources folder you will find CDSD Recorder.wdgt file.

:cool:

Thanks for that, got it now :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.