Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stoney05

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 26, 2011
He's something help the 30pin to lightning transition. It's obviously not going to charge your phone but very useful if your dock doesn't natively support bluetooth and you didn't go crazy on a $30 adaptor or the $40 cable . My car has a dock connector cable, but no USB slot; its been less than enjoyable without a full music library on the go. This little adaptor should fulfill those needs until 3rd party Lightning to 30pin cables are available.

Price: $10.80

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ultra-thin-bluetooth-v2-0-music-receiver-for-apple-30pin-speaker-white-106950

review from some guy on youtube:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us3qu-qUoME

Attachments

• sku_106950_2_small.jpg
    sku_106950_2_small.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 1,407
Last edited:

Lobstrosity

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2011
Does anyone have experience with this or the identical looking ebay ones? Or for that matter any of the ipod dock bluetooth receivers?

Does it work properly with iPhone 5, and does it support AVRCP - the displaying of track information and using skip/previous/pause functions from the ipod dock this is plugged into?

Thanks! With all the alleged compatibility issues that the new phone is having with existing bluetooth adapters I don't want to waste $10 if someone already has the answers.

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
I have the I-WAVE, which I believe is the exact same model. It does work with the iPhone 5, but there is quality loss compared to a direct audio out via the dock or the headphone port. It's nice in a jam, but if you want better audio quality, you will need to consider a higher quality bluetooth receiver.

Lobstrosity

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2011
I have the I-WAVE, which I believe is the exact same model. It does work with the iPhone 5, but there is quality loss compared to a direct audio out via the dock or the headphone port. It's nice in a jam, but if you want better audio quality, you will need to consider a higher quality bluetooth receiver.

Thanks Daremo.

Does the I-WAVE pass through playback control and track info?

Are there any higher quality bluetooth receivers for the 30 pin dock? The Auris one on kickstarter looks good with aptX, but who knows when that'll actually ship!

stoney05

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 26, 2011
It works ok, but doesn't display the track information over Bluetooth. also my Steering wheel controls wouldn't work.

It was only $10.. now to the Apple store for a 30pin to lightning adapter.

btw the deal extreme product is the I-WAVE

Edit: forgot to mention it doesn't auto connect either

Last edited:

Lobstrosity

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2011
It works ok, but doesn't display the track information over Bluetooth. also my Steering wheel controls wouldn't work.

It was only $10.. now to the Apple store for a 30pin to lightning adapter.

btw the deal extreme product is the I-WAVE

Good to know. Thanks, saved me from wasting $10.

stoney05

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 26, 2011
No problem, it took over two weeks to arrive.

Man the wait sucked and then I was bummed out it didn't work well.

Lobstrosity

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2011
No problem, it took over two weeks to arrive.

Man the wait sucked and then I was bummed out it didn't work well.

Ya I've been on the fence over just ordering one for the past week... Thought I might as well put the question out there to see if my doubts were valid, it just seemed too good to be true.

I just want it for the car, so for me steering wheel controls are a must (we have hands-free device laws around here).

Thanks for the feedback!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.