PDA

View Full Version : How Can I sell my eMac

YellowLabrador
Aug 22, 2005, 07:34 PM
Wanted to sell my eMac.
Is ebay a good place to sell it?

Thinking of putting it on macrumors marketplace but it states that I need 100 post to sell something.

Thanks

mad jew
Aug 22, 2005, 07:41 PM
I'd say eBay is your best bet. :)

pammyspyce
Aug 22, 2005, 07:41 PM
Wanted to sell my eMac.

Thinking of putting it on macrumors marketplace but it states that I need 100 post to sell something.

Thanks

Really? I sold my BT Keyboard and Mouse on the MarketPlace and I only had like 10 posts. Whoops. :eek:

Mitthrawnuruodo
Aug 22, 2005, 07:45 PM
Really? I sold my BT Keyboard and Mouse on the MarketPlace and I only had like 10 posts. Whoops. :eek:New rules (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=144287)...

CanadaRAM
Aug 22, 2005, 08:03 PM
Wanted to sell my eMac.
First of all try to sell it locally: community newspaper, Mac users group, university. Little risk on a cash, face to face deal.
The shipping on an eMac sold via eBay will be significant, and will reduce your closing price; and on eBay or Craigslist, you have to cover your #$$ when it comes to fraudulent buyers, and give both eBay and PayPal a % cut.

YellowLabrador
Aug 22, 2005, 09:08 PM
That's why I don't want to go to ebay route.
Will try to sell it locally.

pammyspyce
Aug 22, 2005, 09:12 PM
BTW, I had great luck selling my Indigo iMac DV on craigslist a few months ago. I had bought it on eBay and actually got more for it than I paid! I bought it for $130 shipped and I sold it for $175 2 months later. Whee. :cool: